Big Smoke

Started by horrido, 09/22/2011 01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrido

"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

metalhead y cigarguy

I would love to attend this event some day. This year is a no go for me.  :-(
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

mb2456

I've told my wife that "when" we hit the lottery, this is near the top of my list.   :biggrin:

nwb

It isn't at the top of my cigar experience list, but I wouldn't mind going.  If they had it in Atlanta again (which will never happen), then I'd be there.
Chief of Shaft

Shukpaw

It looks like fun, but after my disapointment with the Seattle Cigar Expo, I think I'm going to skip all of these and save up for CIGARfest.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

metalhead y cigarguy

I don't think you would be disappointed in this. Cigar Aficionado has been putting this event on every year for a while now. These guys know how to satisfy their fans.

If Seattle does the expo again next year hopefuly they will improve on the hiccups they had this year. As for Cigarfest, that would be awesome to attend as well.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

horrido

I tired to get my wife to go but she said with all the cigars there it would stink....not a good sport.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

cocon

Bucket list material..... :biggrin:
WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

CrazyK

I was fortunate enough to buy a week-end pass last year. The Big Smoke is a pretty serious affair. The daily workshops were both fun and very informative. The Saturday lunch with General Cigar is always a big hit, and Charlie Palmer's Sunday breakfast was just plain fantastic! Not to mention the 60+ cigars that I left with over the course of the weekend. If you don't enjoy smokey rooms, this event is definitely not for you. I think I smoked 9 cigars the saturday alone!

The Evening galas are also very fun, with food samples from local gastronomic restaurants, many alcohol kiosks, and not to mention 50 cigar manufacturers! I think that one of my fellow gala-goers put it best when he said it was like Halloween for cigar people.

I think the final seminar was the best though, where we sampled several different single malt scotches, including things like The Macallan 18, Bowmore 20, and Glenmorangie's Signet. Simply amazing. I think this year's alcohol of choice is Cognac, so I can only imagine the choices they have made.

I really wish I was going again this year... Hopefully next!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Brlesq

I'm going to be in Phoenix later this week, and seriously considered hopping over to Vegas Friday or Saturday for one night at the Big Smoke and then flying home from there, but at $240 for a 3 hour herf, it just isn't a consideration.  I can buy box of super-premium smokes for that kind of coin!

However, it is Scottsdale Cigar Week at CigarKing this week, so I will probably be stopping by there once or twice. :smoker:

http://www.examiner.com/cigar-in-phoenix/scottsdale-cigar-week-returns-to-cigar-king

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ROTHNH

Quotecocon - 9/22/2011  10:08 PM

Bucket list material..... :biggrin:

My thoughts too, Chip.  There's a lot of these cigar events I'd love to go to and I've been to a few over the years, but my cigar smoking friends up this way aren't into that, so it's been mostly "maybe next year" for me.

lowpro75

I would recommend some training before attending one of these events, especially if you don't smoke cigars back to back regularly.  You need to take at least 3 months to work yourself up to 6-10 cigars in a day for a couple days in a row.  It's like marathon training except more awesome and unhealthy.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Hot Stuff x

Quotelowpro75 - 10/25/2011  5:57 AM

I would recommend some training before attending one of these events, especially if you don't smoke cigars back to back regularly.  You need to take at least 3 months to work yourself up to 6-10 cigars in a day for a couple days in a row.  It's like marathon training except more awesome and unhealthy.

I believe you're serious, but     :lmao:   anyway!
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Smurf

I had the oportunity to go to the  Big Smoke Las  Vegas last year. Was my 1st time at something like this . Only one word to describe the experience. Awesome  !!! Got to meet Rocky Patel that in itself was very  cool. Cigar rolling class and the  chance to taste some new single malts. If you ever have the oportunity to go I recommend doing so. Great place to kick back with fellow cigar lovers.
orbis non sufficit

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.