Great Herf!

Started by nwb, 11/13/2011 08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Yesterday was the 13th Annual Customer Appreciation Party at Tobacco World in Marietta, Georgia.  This is the biggest event in the Atlanta area every year.  For $10, they provide food, beer, wine, and a band.  Everything in the store is also 25% off, and you receive raffle tickets depending on how much you spend.  They do a drawing every 15 minutes or so, all day.

So a friend and I ended up going.  I picked up a box of Oliva V Maduros 2011, a DE Undercrown, and a 601 La Bomba for $85.  Not a fantastic deal, but pretty good for a B&M.  Then we hung out, drank a few beers, ate, and just had a good time with some good cigars.

Tim Podwika (Podman) ended up stopping by for an hour or two, which was really cool.  We talked about his new venture, cigars, and the people in the industry.  He is very knowledgeable and has great taste in cigars.  He also ended up gifting me some test blends and a pre-release BOTL cigar!  Very generous!

After he left, I talked with Jonathan Drew for a couple of minutes about some of their new releases.  Then the Drew Estate rep gave me a MUWAT, which is now resting in my humidor.  There were a ton of manufacturers and sales reps there, along with some bloggers and BOTL I know from various events.  I met up with Excel (whodeeni) for a couple of minutes and wished we could have had a cigar, but we left shortly after he arrived.  We ended up doing a trade for some hard to find smokes, though.

It must have been my day - I ended up winning two raffles.  One was an Camacho ashtray and Excalibur Golf notebook, and the other was a San Cristobal humidor made by Savoy.  It was amazing since there were folks buying hundreds of dollars worth of cigars that had a ton of tickets.

All in all, I had a blast.  If anyone is ever in the area around this time of the year, it is worth it to stop by just for the atmosphere.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Here are my purhases and my end of the trade with whodeeni:
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Here are my raffle winnings and the freebies from Podman and Drew Estates.
Chief of Shaft

horrido

Nice haul and I am so jealous.....congrats.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

junglepete

I like the humi...congrats on the wins and glad to hear you had a great time!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

metalhead y cigarguy

Sounds like a great day. Nice little haul too.  :shades:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

87North

Sounds like a really great day.  I'm a bit envious.   :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Beegerply

Sounded like a great day, nice to meet some other Geeks I'm sure.
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Brlesq

Sounds like a great time!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

billy82

Sounds like you had a very nice day.
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

Herfin' Chef

That just awesome...glad you had a good time.. I'm overdue for a herf...
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

lubrix

Sounds fun,great stuff!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Romeo

Lucky Man that was awesome  enjoy!!!!!
I think there's to much smoke In this cigar shop I once heard someone say before I threw them out !

CrazyK

Looks awesome! Lucky you!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

wlfwalleye

Nice!

Last cigar event I went to was a 2 for one sale on Swisher Sweets at the Quickey Mart.

smoke 1

Almost as fun as my concert !!  Seriously wow nice stuff !!

My ears are still ringing !

Brian
-Brian

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.