1st "Geek Herf" Right Here Fri. Jan. 20th 9pm Eastern

Started by junglepete, 01/13/2012 08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1st "Geek Herf" Right Here Fri. Jan. 20th 9pm Eastern

CAO Brazilia

junglepete

Okay Geeks...let's give it try and see how it goes. All Geeks are invited to join in this thread on Friday January 20th at 9pm Est. for a group herf.

Here are the cigars being polled. They were picked out of a list posted in another thread. The highest voted stick becomes the chosen gar for the herf. Any size vitola will be great. For those who want to attend but are short of the chosen smoke, feel free to come anyway and smoke something else from the polled cigars. NOTE: Please don't vote if you are sure you won't be there...thanks.

I apologize in advance to those of you who cannot smoke because of cold weather issues or laptop issues. If this works out I am sure we will be doing more in the summer.

I will do a drawing at 10pm Est. for those who are present and dole out a 10 cigar sampler to the winner.

Chime in here if you have an idea about your possible attendance just so I sort of know what to expect.

1. In like Flynn
2. No Can Do
3. Maybe Might

A thanks goes out to socialcigarnut (Logan) for bringing the idea to the forums via a live chat herf he coosponsored. Thanks :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Herfin' Chef

-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

metalhead y cigarguy

Maybe might.  It depends on if the wife is in a good mood and will let sneak outside for a cigar.

As for the cigars in the list I'm good with any of them except the La Perla Habana, Monte and the Mi Barrio. I have all the others in the list, so if I can get away I'll be able to join in.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

zac

Brentcally

-Brent-

-Don't go away mad, just go away.

Shukpaw

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 1/13/2012  8:11 PM

Maybe might.  It depends on if the wife is in a good mood and will let sneak outside for a cigar.

x2, and weather.  If it's 42 degrees yes, 24 degrees no.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteShukpaw - 1/13/2012  8:53 PM

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 1/13/2012  8:11 PM

x2, and weather.  If it's 42 degrees yes, 24 degrees no.

C'mon Neil... suck it up!  Is freezing temps and maybe a little snow and/or ice going to stop you? You got stocking hat, gloves and a coat right?  :confused: :biggrin:

You could always make the trip down to my place and I'll let you herf with me in the man cave. :smoker:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

billy82

But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

socialcigarnut

Can't.. wife has a work function I am forced to go to.  If I can get out of it I will be here.
Smokin' Logan

Blog: http://cigarfederation.com/
Google+: http://bit.ly/GooglePlusLL

Y'all is singular. All y'all is plural. All y'all's is plural possessive. Kinky Friedman "Governor of the Heart of Texas"

horrido

Sorry Pete working the afternoon shift now if I could smoke it without setting the fire alarm off in the office I would do it.  :lmao:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

grabow66

If at first you dont succeed you are running about average.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

ntanner

it's a great concept. i wish i could make it, hopefully for the next one. happy smoking.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

whodeeni

If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

akira

3 - for me.  It all depends on how work is going and how much I need to get done for tailgating on Sunday.   :biggrin:
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

sullivan8078

Maybe might. Love the idea and want to but may not be able to sneak away until a little later.
-David
"Ceiling fan stirs the air, cigar smoke did swirl."- J.B.

gitfiddl

I thought I'd already replied (must've been the Patron...).  Anyway, I'm in until 10pm or shortly thereafter, unless a gig pops up.  As for the cigars, I've got everything but the Monte, so anything else is fine by me.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

junglepete

It all sounds good so far...looking foward to seeing anyone who can make it or who just pop in.
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

Looks like we have a tie so far between the CAO Brazilia and the Mi Barrio.
Guru of Frugality

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.