Famous Smoke Shop BBQ

Started by Ray240, 06/05/2008 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray240

It's finally here!

Saturday is the FSS BBQ and Cigar Expo. I bought my tickets over 3 months ago and have been waiting patiently ever since. It's my first big event so you know i'm thrilled! It's only an hour and a half away from here but we're leaving tomorrow evening and staying in a hotel so we can get there bright and early. It's just going to be me and the girlfriend and she doesn't smoke cigars so i get twice the stash! can't beat it. All the big names are slated to be there and they are supposed to be raffling off some really nice stuff including a couple of brand new Jeeps. I'm gonna try and take plenty of pictures so i can post them here, i'll check back in on Sunday and let you know how it all went. I think i'll go out and have a Media Noche now, start the weekend early. Have a great weekend all.

SenorPablo

I have yet to attend one, so I'm jealous!  Take plenty of pics.  You can be our official CG correspondent!  Is anyone else going?  Should be a great time!
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

burn1

Ray I hope you have a blast and can't wait to see the pics of the event. Good luck with the raffles to

Bob Cordell

That sounds like a helluva lot of fun!

Enjoy!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

ljlemer

Yes, I'm jealous. You've got a girlfriend! My wife won't let me have one.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Yes, definitely take lots of pics and post them.  I've been to beer festivals that sound very similar to this event, and they are a HELL of a lot of fun.  I imagine this type of event would be too.  Let us know how it went.  And that Media Noche will certainly get your festivities started off on the right foot!

stogie_foggie

I like the idea of you being our official "CigarGeeks" correspondent.  Maybe throw that around - see if you can get some free cigars for all your good CG pals....
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

mhuss

Quotestogie_foggie - 6/6/2008  12:27 AM
I like the idea of you being our official "CigarGeeks" correspondent.  Maybe throw that around - see if you can get some free cigars for all your good CG pals....

Maybe even get a few new members out of the weekend, as well.  Spread the word!  Word-of-mouth is the best advertising available.  Mention it to all the vendors, too!

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 6/6/2008  12:59 AM

Quotestogie_foggie - 6/6/2008  12:27 AM

Maybe even get a few new members out of the weekend, as well.  Spread the word!  Word-of-mouth is the best advertising available.  Mention it to all the vendors, too!

It's a shame he doesn't have a few dozen business cards to throw around. I only have a few, so I can only give out one at each establishment I visit.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Duker511

Sounds like a good time, have fun, and good luck winning one of those Jeeps. :biggrin:
Tim

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 6/6/2008  1:31 AM
It's a shame he doesn't have a few dozen business cards to throw around. I only have a few, so I can only give out one at each establishment I visit.

That would be the way to go!  I don't have any more at all.  I passed around the few that I took from one of our first Passes.  Actually, it would be nice to have some on hand.  Any way we can get our hands on some?

mrnosejoy

I had an invitation to go just haven't been able to make it to that part of the country yet. I know it was a great event. I can smell the smoke all the way in Texas.

Leave the world a better place than you found it!
Kinky Friedman
Leave the world a better off place than you found it!

Kinky Friedman

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.