Philippine Liberica

Started by southernrun, 02/08/2012 03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernrun

Just got myself 1 kg. of freshly roasted Batangas Barako (Batangas is an area in Southern Luzon famous for growing coffee;Barako is the colloquial term for coffee grown and roasted from Batangas. It actually means 'wild boar'). Barako or Baraco is actually Philippine Liberica, and it is for me, a strong, robust coffee, rich in toasty flavor. For extra punch, I go the 2-1 ratio.

I'm so glad coffee and cigars are locally available (and are produced locally as well), and are actually very good quality--no bias, I swear!

Ken Kelley

I didn't smoke cigars while I was stationed at Clark in the late 80's or I would have checked out the local blends. I did manage to do quality control checks on rather hefty quantities of San Miguel, Red Horse, Tanduay rum, etc.  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

horrido

Your a lucky guy to have access to this. :-)
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

stillwater

I love Barako as well as the coffee from the Mountain Province. We are indeed lucky to have these great pick-me-ups. The cheap (and quite good tasting!) alcohol is a bonus  :biggrin:

Cfickter

The coffee sounds great, enjoy
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ntanner

a good cup of coffee is always nice.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Greenfairypipe

The wife, kid, and I are heading to the phillippines next december.  I'll have to check some of this out.

wolfeman
Wolfeman

"After the first glass of absinthe you see things as you wish they were. After the second you see them as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world."
- Oscar Wilde

BXgreenhorn

tvolball

I love a great cup of coffee. Always looking to try something new
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

southernrun

if any of you guys drop by the PH, I can hook you up with great cheap coffee that is gourmet quality. Thank god for the tropical weather. Good coffee, cocoa, and tobacco leaf!

tvolball

Sounds good. Send some our way... haha
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

southernrun

maybe I could! let me see what the best way would be.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.