Antique Pipe/Cigar Table

Started by enniskj, 02/14/2012 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enniskj

I picked this up in a thrift shop for next to nothing. I love how it looks, but I can not figure out some of the hardware. As you can see, there "are" 3  Cigar rests around the tray, and  a spring loaded thing on the back. Any ideas on that? Also, in the back corners of the table, there are matching cylinders that have what looks to be a pipe tool in the top of each. It is nothing more than a metal rod with a 4 blade head on the end. Any of this look familiar???

Thanks!

enniskj

"are" 3 , meaning the one on the left will have to be replaced...

Kckodiak

Looks pretty cool! Cannot wait to see what those are ...
"Happiness?  A good Cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; depends on how much happiness you can handle" George Burns

Hot Tub Cigar Guy
Keith in CT

McBryde

Sweet looking find there. Some close-ups might help us out on identifying the things for you.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

enniskj

McBryde

Pic #2 looks almost like a lighter, or a cigar clipper, not sure. The 3rd pic looks like a pipe reamer tool/ tamper.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

BigTA

Very nice find, I will do some googleing
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

87North

QuoteMcBryde - 2/14/2012  10:38 PM

Pic #2 looks almost like a lighter, or a cigar clipper, not sure. The 3rd pic looks like a pipe reamer tool/ tamper.

E

My thoughts as well...
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

1029henry

Awesome score. That table has seen some serious use. Just imagine all the great times smoking around that table.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

enniskj

Thanks for the replies..

#2, at first I thought the same but it has a whole on the bottom end as well. All I can guess at this point is that maybe it could be used to cut the fire off a cigarette? It seems if you used it for that, the cherry would then be pushed out the whole on the bottom into the ashtray. That's all I can figure...

CrazyK

Wow what a nice table! The tools are definitely pipe reamers / tampers. The other thing really looks like a cigar cutter. Does the inner cylinder slide? Great find in any case!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

enniskj

CrazyK, yep.. it is spring loaded. I guess it could be a cutter. I'll have to get a cheapo and give it a try!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.