a few of me pipa (pic heavy)

Started by sam a, 02/22/2012 08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam a

a few folks said they would like to see some pics of pipes that i've made... so here ya go:

pipe #1

pipe #2

pipe # 3

pipe #4

pipe #5

and i'm currently working on a lovat that i'm really happy with, but the damn stem is giving me hell.  :angry:  

Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

RoscozRevenge

"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

Brlesq

Really nice craftsmanship, Sam!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

87North

Outstanding!! Some really nice work there. :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

horrido

Nice work....one of a kind.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

pferg

nice work, do you sell any of these? or just make them for you?

nwb

Very nice Sam!  I'm impressed with some of our members craftmanship.
Chief of Shaft

sam a

Quotepferg - 2/22/2012  7:08 PM  nice work, do you sell any of these? or just make them for you?

made them all for myself, except the second one... made that one for my brother.

Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

lukin

wow those are every bit as amazing as any pipe I've ever seen.  The question is...how do they smoke?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Herfin' Chef

Those are beauties ...I was a cob man back in the day...
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

pferg

Quotesam a - 2/22/2012  8:13 PM

Quotepferg - 2/22/2012  7:08 PM  nice work, do you sell any of these? or just make them for you?

made them all for myself, except the second one... made that one for my brother.

well they look good. the second pipe is actually my favorite of the ones you posted. how long does it take you to make one?

sam a

Quotepferg - 2/22/2012  8:30 PM

how long does it take you to make one?

i'm really slow (still learning) and i don't use any power tools so the answer is way to long... i probably average like 60 hrs per pipe.  i cant wait to get some real tools so that i can make them in a reasonable amount of time.

and thanks everyone for the kind words.  here are a couple pics of the first one as i was working on it:

southernrun

metalhead y cigarguy

Very nice. Looks like excellent craftsmanship to me. Thanks for sharing.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

1sgjeffward

Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

1029henry

"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

irratebass

I know nothing about pipes Sam, but those look awesome!
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

billy82

They are all really nice pieces of work.
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

lubrix

That's a lot of work by hand,but the turnouts awesome!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

jharrisx5

That is awesome!  Makes me realize what a buffoon I am...I tried to carve a cob pipe and failed!!
Puff Puff Give....

sullivan8078

-David
"Ceiling fan stirs the air, cigar smoke did swirl."- J.B.

CrazyK

That is very cool! Where do you get the briar from?
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

zac

I don't know squat about pipes, but I really like the look of #2.

Good Work.

Shukpaw

When I saw pipa and pic in the title of this thread I was hoping for pictures of Pippa Middleton. :-)

No, those are very, very nice pipes.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.