La Gloria Cubana Cigar Rollling Event

Started by Turboknat, 06/22/2008 07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turboknat

Had a great time yesterday at The Tinder Box at Southpark in Charlotte, NC.  La Gloria Cubana brought a top roller and he demonstrated how to roll a wrapper onto a cigar bunch.  There was a big contest, and we all had fun rolling the cigars, and heckling each other (many of us knew each other).  The rolled cigars were judged by the master roller, and the top three were awarded prizes (I made the first cut, but then I was cut).  They gave out the La Gloria Cubana Wavell, which I am just not fond of.  I think the Series R's are good, though.  But, aside from that, I had a great time.  While I was there, I picked up a San Cristobal Guajiro, and had brought along a Padron Londres, and I enjoyed them both there.I really enjoyed that San Cristobal, and look forward to getting some more.

They let us take our rolled cigar home.  I think mine looks pretty good.  I'm going to let it age for maybe a month, and then try it.

I also picked up the Cigar Dave Assault Pack, which includes an H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon, a Montecristo, a Playboy, a Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real, a Royal Jamaica Rojo, and a Tirnidad 100th Anniversary.

I also purchased another H. Upmann Vintage Maduro.  I really like them.

incredible_elmo

Hey Clint:

What did you think of that 'Assault Pack'?  I thought they were all a bit dry.  Must have packed them about 2-3 months ahead of time in shrink-wrap.

The 'La Gloria C' filler/wrapper we used in the rolling contest ended up being a very pleasant surprise.  I bought another one today while at the Tinderbox.

- Mikel

Turboknat

I haven't tried the ones in the Assault Pack.  I figured I would let them age in my humidor for a month or two before I try them.  Maybe just a month.

Turboknat

Oh, I am letting that one I rolled at the event age for a couple weeks, and then I'm going to try it.  Glad to here it might be promising.

wunderdawg

Man I wish we had events like that here!!!! :mad:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=wunderdawg

I'm a man...But I can change....If I have to...I guess.............Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving might not be for you!!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.