K-Cups: Where do you buy yours?

Started by mobarbq, 03/13/2012 01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobarbq

So I love my Keurig, but it starts to get expensive. Cheapest local place for me is HyVee's, they are cheaper than Wal-Mart, believe it or not!

Just curious, where do you guys buy your K-cups?  Online or where?  Would love to check out some sites if you have a fave.

87North

I'm a pure fresh ground whole bean guy.   :confused:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

mobarbq

Oh yeah! I do that too. K-cups are mainly fill-ins, like when I light one off, and then I get an urge for a cup--and I don't want to go to the trouble of making a full pot of French-pressed.
------
From my Axim 51.

Brlesq

I've been digging the Starbucks Via (instant) lately.  Just pick your roast and add hot water; no special machines or K-cups needed.  Can take them (office, traveling, father-in-laws house where Folgers still is king, etc).  The latest Tribute blend released last week is really good!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

DonM

Quote87North - 3/13/2012  3:08 AM

:word:

"The Curmudgeon"

Ken Kelley

QuoteDonM - 3/13/2012  7:33 AM

Yup! Convenience doesn't beat taste.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

1sgjeffward

QuoteAlphairon - 3/13/2012  6:14 AM

:word: Hit the button on the grinder every morning and it starts me off right.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

nwb

We are a lot of help, aren't we? :biggrin:

I've never bought K-Cups, but I've heard Costco has them cheaper than most places.
Chief of Shaft

Waffles

Bob Cordell

K cups??????? I didnt know they went past double D...

:confused:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

billy82

But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

billy82

I get mine either at the store or online at Keurig. http://www.keurig.com/shop/k-cups/all-k-cups .
I only thing I dont like is stoping at Dunken to get there K-cups
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

nwb

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/13/2012  11:10 AM

I knew that was coming.... :lmao:
Chief of Shaft

ROTHNH

My in-laws use K-cups and usually buy them at BJ's, Sam's Club, or an "wholesale" place that sells coffee, tea, cookies, etc. to offices and businesses but does sell to the public in bulk.

Prices (80 count box) average $35-$40.

lubrix

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/13/2012  10:10 AM

Funny!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Jackal

QuoteAlphairon - 3/13/2012  5:14 AM

:word:  :word:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

mobarbq

QuoteBrlesq - 3/13/2012  6:28 AM

I've been digging the Starbucks Via (instant) lately.  Just pick your roast and add hot water; no special machines or K-cups needed.  Can take them (office, traveling, father-in-laws house where Folgers still is king, etc).  The latest Tribute blend released last week is really good!

True, Folgers is king for a lot of folks.  I always am amused by those who say they are real coffee enthusiasts, only to find their favorite coffee is Folgers.  None of my business, granted.   Maybe it's a "Mrs. Olson" fetish? Remember her?

Also amused to find that the Folger's K-Cups at local grocery store, or the slot where they were anyway, is usually empty! What's up w/that?

horrido

Cheapest in CDN is Costco - 40 bucks for 80 K cups, but I would rather grind my own beans and fill the extra basket we have with it. I also bought an extra basket so 2 cups can be made within seconds so you don't need to wait for it to cool down to reload again.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

ewu

I buy them from Keurig online.  They have best selection and a loyalty program where after you buy enough you get a free box.  To be honest I never compared prices though...
"Everything works, some things work better than others, and nothing works forever."

horrido

One thing I would wish for the K cups or any other type single cup coffee maker is the amount of waste must be unreal - so do they even recycle the plastic or grounds there must be millions of these K cups in landfills now. :-0
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

ewu

Quotehorrido - 3/13/2012  2:50 PM  One thing I would wish for the K cups or any other type single cup coffee maker is the amount of waste must be unreal - so do they even recycle the plastic or grounds there must be millions of these K cups in landfills now. :-0

You're right, it's an issue: http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/K-Cups-Clogging-Up-Landfills-139067614.html

"Everything works, some things work better than others, and nothing works forever."

Jackal

Quoteewu - 3/13/2012  1:55 PM

Quotehorrido - 3/13/2012  2:50 PM  One thing I would wish for the K cups or any other type single cup coffee maker is the amount of waste must be unreal - so do they even recycle the plastic or grounds there must be millions of these K cups in landfills now. :-0

You're right, it's an issue: http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/K-Cups-Clogging-Up-Landfills-139067614.html

I am not sure if you could recycle grounds.  I think that would make for a pretty nasty product.

As far as the cups go, luckily we have a lot of landfill space in North America

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

BigTA

I see them at Wally World for 10.99 for a 18 count, BedBath&Beyond has a very large on line assortment for 11.99 for a 18 count and free shipping on all K-Kups, I love the Green Mountain Dark Magic and the Caribou
I have seen them at TARGET  and COSTCO but I prefer the 18 count over the 40 count so they are fairley fresh when I use them....
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

horrido

QuoteJackal - 3/13/2012  5:13 PM

Quoteewu - 3/13/2012  1:55 PM

I am not sure if you could recycle grounds.  I think that would make for a pretty nasty product.

As far as the cups go, luckily we have a lot of landfill space in North America

I would think recycle the grounds for compost or worm gardens and plastic back into the great plastic world of China.   :lmao:
-- Cuban saying

dougiewong

Costco has the best prices that I have seen - but there's got to be a better way than to generate all the waste. I love my K-cups, but hate the waste.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.