Event in MD

Started by tnt956, 06/26/2008 04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnt956

I'm going to my first cigar event tonight in Gaithersburg, MD.  I can't even remember where it is and what the featured cigar (my friend has all the details) is but will give a full report afterward.

Turboknat

I bet you will have fun.  I try to go to several of the events around where I live, I have enjoyed most of them.

burn1

Nice I hope you enjoy it look forward to seeing how it went

tnt956

It was a decent event a local shop.  Davidoff was there presenting their new Winston Churchill line of cigars.  Smoked one and it was very good but probably not worth the price.  I think the shop was charging $20 for the one I had (which was a corona size).  They had beverages and the owners were very friendly.

I tried to enter them into the database but can't find much about them online.  The Davidoff rep said it was Dominican and Nicaraguan filler with Peruvian binder and the wrapper was from Ecuador.

Duker511

Sounds like a good time. Ive never tried that line, but Ive smoked some Davidoffs before. I think they may be the most over rated brand on the market. Ive never really seen anything in their cigars that justifys the huge price. The ones I smoked were made well, smoked good, but the flavor wasnt better than some much less expensive cigars. Thats just my opinion, maybe theres something Im missing. :confused:
Tim

tnt956

I agree.  I think this line will be the same.  Don't get me wrong, it was a very good smoke (I'll enter a review once they get into the database).  But they are not worth the price, in my opinion.

Now, I'm off on vacation for a week! :shades:

burn1

They are going to be here later today my local is always trying to get me to buy a Winston Churchill I decline since it is supposed to be mild  and 17.00 to boot!! Try the Davidoff Millenium series if you can IMO the best of them all but again way to pricey

Turboknat

Larry is pretty good about helping to track down elusive cigars that may or may not be in our database.  I bet he can help.

SenorPablo

Just got back in town.  I can't believe I missed this event.  We don't have many around here.  Davidoff has never been a line a really got into and not sure why - probably price, but usually i'll try a cigar at least once too experience it.  In general they are overpriced IMO.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ljlemer

QuoteTurboknat - 6/27/2008  6:03 PM

Larry is pretty good about helping to track down elusive cigars that may or may not be in our database.  I bet he can help.

Look under Winston Churchill.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

wunderdawg

Man, you Yankee's get all the cool events....lol
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=wunderdawg

I'm a man...But I can change....If I have to...I guess.............Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving might not be for you!!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.