Local Event at the Smoke Inn in WPB

Started by ljlemer, 06/26/2008 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

Albert J Argenti, Vice President of Cuban Imports, greeted patrons with a display of his company's products, including El Olvidado from El Rey del Mundo, four vitolas of Exile, and an Uppmann, etc. He was friendly and informative. I bought a Sumatra Rosado and a Maduro Exile Robusto, $5.50 each, and got an Olvidado as a freebie. I gave Mr Argenti a Cigar Geeks card and discussed Cigar Geeks will the owner of the shop also. It wasn't an elaborate event, just a low-key kiosk, sort of, within the store. I was in and out in ten minutes while my loved ones waited in the car.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Duker511

That reminds me, this last weekend I told my local B&M owner all about CG. He was very interested, he told me that hes been to other cigar forum sites, Cigar Aff., Club stogie, and others. He really didnt like any of those sites because of the amount of traffic and the number of "professional smokers" as he called them. I assured him that we were pretty down to earth and just liked to have fun with the hobby. He said he didnt have much free time, but he liked the idea of cigar passes, trades, contests and sharing with other BOTL. I hope he shows up, I can use the points, this month looks pretty close. :biggrin:
Tim

SenorPablo

I'm always happy to hear word getting around about us.  When I was in Vegas I talked with a guy from Ohio at Casa Fuente.  He said he had heard of Cigar Geeks but doesn't get into the online thing.  I was shocked he had heard since I don't do any advertising and we're just over a year old.  Who knows  :confused:

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 6/27/2008  10:54 PM

I'm always happy to hear word getting around about us.  When I was in Vegas I talked with a guy from Ohio at Casa Fuente.  He said he had heard of Cigar Geeks but doesn't get into the online thing.  I was shocked he had heard since I don't do any advertising and we're just over a year old.  Who knows  :confused:

-Paul

Maybe he got you mixed up with Cigar Jerks?

Thomas Mann

Duker511

A couple weeks ago I was fishing at a local hot spot. My buddy and I were smoking a couple Montesinos(yummy), there were two guys there, after awhile one came over to see what we were smoking, he said, "Those smell like hand mades, what ya smokin". I gave him and his friend each one. We were talking about cigars and how long weve been smoking, what we like, and how into it we were. My friend says "yeah, my buddy here(me) is so into it hes involved with a cigar forum, Cigar dorks, or something like that" I corrected him and told the guys, "Thats Cigargeeks.com to you!" :dancing:

Come to think of it, Ive ran into alot of people lately smoking cigars. I tell everyone I talk to about CG, I wish some of them would show up. Maybe I need to write down the address for them. :confused:
Tim

wunderdawg

Where can we get cards.  Would like to pass some out at my local B&M.
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=wunderdawg

I'm a man...But I can change....If I have to...I guess.............Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving might not be for you!!

ljlemer

Quotewunderdawg - 6/29/2008  8:54 PM

Where can we get cards.  Would like to pass some out at my local B&M.[/QUOTE

Paul (Pablo) distributes them like they're on the endangered list. You could ask for some. You might get a few.

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

RE: Cards

Let me see what I have left in the way of cards.  I didn't order a bunch and my template is gone so i have to actually create them again.  Not a huge problem but just haven't gotten around to it.

I usually drop a bunch in every Pass as well.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Duker511

Im telling everyone that will listen, not many local smokers here though.

Paul, Im not saying right away or anything, but I have the paper to print business cards on my computer.  So if you were to e-mail me a card, I could print some for myself. Im in no hurry, in fact, I have a big mouth so I let everyone know everything about the site anyway. :confused:
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.