Off Color Jokes

Started by SenorPablo, 04/19/2012 02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Hi Folks.  Just another one of my popular reminders  :biggrin:   Please remember that we have a large global audience here at CG and it can be easy to offend some folks by the content of some of our jokes.  By the vast majority I think we are fine and its just good honest fun.  However, there are times here and there where we have some jokes that could be considered offensive to certain segments of our population.

I'm not really talking about folks who just get easily offended because of what they would interpret as bad taste or bad language or ugly pictures...etc...  But jokes where we call out specific ethnic groups, sexual preferences, religions, etc...

I hope everyone here would agree that we are not opposed to any type of person (aside from more folks like Bob or Rich - sorry couldn't resist :biggrin: ) from becoming part of our community and would welcome the different views they bring.   So I am asking that we not post any kind of jokes that call out the specific groups based on their race, religion, sexual orientation, or other innocent groups I'm not thinking of right now.  If these show up then myself or the admins will probably just remove them.

Thanks for your help guys!  You can go back to your regular geekness now...
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Beegerply

Thanks for the reminder Paul.  :angel:  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

uplander12ga

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

lubrix

Good point!."If it bends it's humor,if it breaks it's not".-Woody Allen
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Jackal

Does this mean that I can't make fun of ranting Scandinavians? (sorry, couldn't resist)

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

horrido

QuoteJackal - 4/19/2012  4:03 PM

Does this mean that I can't make fun of ranting Scandinavians? (sorry, couldn't resist)

And Canucks ...... :lmao:  :lmao:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Bob Cordell

:lmao:  :lmao:

I think your safe there Paul, they didnt really make that many of us...

:lmao:

Ok, no more %#$&*^ jokes, no more %#@*&^%$ jokes or making fun of &*%%$@#! Got it????

I think we're still ok with hillbilly jokes though!

:biggrin:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Brlesq

What about Helen Keller jokes?

After all, those folks won't see them or hear them anyway.  :confused:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

gitfiddl

Thanks for not lumping me in with Bob and Rich!

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

horrido

Quotegitfiddl - 4/19/2012  4:32 PM

Too funny  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

gitfiddl

So there was this rather opaque fellow of dubious ethnicity and ambiguous sexual orientation trying to register to vote...

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

PETE314

Are you implying that this would be an easy thing to do????? :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

gitfiddl

QuotePETE314 - 4/19/2012  4:50 PM

Are you implying that this would be an easy thing to do????? :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

You catch on quick!  :shades:

dwig

Quotegitfiddl - 4/19/2012  3:45 PM

So there was this rather opaque fellow of dubious ethnicity and ambiguous sexual orientation trying to register to vote...

Funny!

I better change my signarure line!
I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 4/19/2012  4:26 PM

What about Helen Keller jokes?

After all, those folks won't see them or hear them anyway.  :confused:

Just terrible... :lmao:

Thanks for the reminder Paul!
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.