My Pappa`s old pipe

Started by horrido, 04/29/2012 01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrido

This is my fathers old pipe it is about 30 to 45 years old. I had another one but my kids decided to have a party when we were away and it was stolen. Needless to say I was very angry and it was also a gorgeous pipe.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

hardeveningsuburb

Wow, that's an amazing pipe!
"After people get to know me, they all say I drink a lot of beer. I don't deny it either. Why should I? I'm not ashamed of beer." - Richard Brautigan

gitfiddl

It looks a lot older than that.  I'd have that thing appraised!
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

McBryde

I like those old black forest style pipes. They almost look like they are thrown together though from whatever they had laying around in the shop, LOL. I saw one the other day for like $20 in an antique shop. Most of them are not really that expensive that I have seen, unless they are really ornate.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

nwb

Wow, that is something else.  I've never seen anything like it.
Chief of Shaft

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

87North

Quotenwb - 4/29/2012  2:21 PM

Wow, that is something else.  I've never seen anything like it.

My thoughts exactly.   :-0
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

McBryde

Does it still have the screen piece inside the top of it?

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Ringadingh

RoscozRevenge

Now that is and interesting keepsake Mark!
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

metalhead y cigarguy

Wow... that has a little bit of everything with it. Very interesting pipe for sure. I've seen some of those listed on ebay. Its a shame that some moron stole the other one. Probably smoking some mj in it as I type this.  :-(
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Shukpaw

Interesting looking pipe.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

horrido

QuoteMcBryde - 4/29/2012  11:07 PM

E

Not sure but when I opened it up it still had half burnt leaf in it. I just look at to remember the old fishing days as a kid when we both froze our asses off and he had the pipe for a hand warmer and sometimes as a mosquito repellant - he gave me the thermos with tea and brandy. I brings back good memories. I moved the pipe from the open China cabinet to a more esteemed area in the leaf room guarded by the killer cats, moats, electric fence and laser mounted ray guns.  :lmao:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Hot Stuff x

Quotehorrido - 4/30/2012  8:43 PM

QuoteMcBryde - 4/29/2012  11:07 PM

E

Not sure but when I opened it up it still had half burnt leaf in it. I just look at to remember the old fishing days as a kid when we both froze our asses off and he had the pipe for a hand warmer and sometimes as a mosquito repellant - he gave me the thermos with tea and brandy. I brings back good memories. I moved the pipe from the open China cabinet to a more esteemed area in the leaf room guarded by the killer cats, moats, electric fence and laser mounted ray guns.  :lmao:

you need some freakin' sharks, with freakin' laser beams on  their heads!
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

irratebass

Nice looking pipe *that's what she said"
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

87North

Quoteirratebass - 5/2/2012  9:23 AM

Nice looking pipe *that's what she said"

:lmao:   They never say that... :lmao:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

sullivan8078

-David
"Ceiling fan stirs the air, cigar smoke did swirl."- J.B.

ilovetobacco

Wow, I've seen a lot of those early pipes, but I've never seen one of such beauty and in such grand condition!
-Will

Akkahuna

Now thats an awesome pipe, have you smoked it?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.