I had to have it...

Started by RoscozRevenge, 05/09/2012 12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoscozRevenge

I'm sure everyone here has walked into their favorite B&M once or twice with nothing particular in mind only to be transfixed by something tucked off in a corner that radiates an aura of divine power and invokes a blast of angelic choir music in your head just before it draws you in like a fat kid to a cupcake.

If you have not experienced this: FIND A NEW FAVORITE B&M

For the uninitiated, this could be likened to that magical moment when the crappy music in your dingy local pub fades and you lock eyes with that young beauty across the room... It is almost as if for that moment the smell of urine and vomit evaporates and you are completely oblivious to what a tramp like that could do to destroy your already meager existance...

On second thought it is nothing like that.

I need to find a new bar to hang out in...

Anyhoo, I had an out of body type experience today and bought this bad boy!

"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

toby2

vw77guy

Very nice.  Happy smokin' brotha.

Shukpaw

Looks good.  I like that style of pipe.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Robert LG

Beautiful!  I have a feeling that I may one day join you pipe geeks.
Rob

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

billy82

QuoteRobert LG - 5/9/2012  6:06 AM

Beautiful!  I have a feeling that I may one day join you pipe geeks.

x2
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

Brlesq

Dan, I love the way you tell a story!  You should write for a living.  Everything is so vivid.  You had me captivated at "cupcake".

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

CrazyK

QuoteBrlesq - 5/9/2012  7:55 AM

Dan, I love the way you tell a story!  You should write for a living.  Everything is so vivid.  You had me captivated at "cupcake".

:lmao: :lmao:
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

wlfwalleye

irratebass

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

mike.casey

QuoteCrazyK - 5/9/2012  8:40 AM

QuoteBrlesq - 5/9/2012  7:55 AM

:lmao: :lmao:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

BXgreenhorn

87North

QuoteBrlesq - 5/9/2012  6:55 AM

Those cupcakes can really be distracting...  Anyway, a nice story and a Nice Pipe Dan   :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

akira

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Cfickter

very nice, could call it a "pipe dream"
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ilovetobacco

Can't go wrong with a good Peterson!
-Will

Voexum

Oh what a beautiful Peterson Pipe!

On the end of the stem, is the airhole on the top? It's hard to tell from the picture but sorta looks like it.
Christopher "Voexum"
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Voexum

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting." - The Doctor

RoscozRevenge

Good eye Chris! This pipe has the trademark Peterson Lip mouthpiece.

"The Peterson-Lip (P-Lip) refers to the lip part of the mouthpiece. The hole of the P-Lip points upwards of the bit, towards the smoker's palate as opposed to classic fishtail bits pointing towards the smoker's tongue. Peterson introduced this special bit in 1898"
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

uplander12ga

You tell stories the bestes :thumbsup:
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.