H All, new hear looking for some expertise.

Started by RKRedd, 05/09/2012 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKRedd

I Recently won a box of 25 Cohiba Esplendidos - Reserva  (Black Box) and was approached by a couple guys at the event wanting to buy it from me immediately.

Does anyone know the value of this box?

cigarzinn

Nope...but welcome to the geeks!  And fantastic luck winning the box!

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Reighvin

Welcome and congrats. It is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it.
My Humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=reighvin

My Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/reighvin

Twitter: @Reighvin

"Some people spend their life wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem."~Ronald Reagan

MT21

If they're the real deal, the euro equivalent would be in the $500. range
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Brlesq

QuoteMT21 - 5/9/2012  3:06 PM

WoW, that sounds like some expert advice right there!  

Welcome to CigarGeeks.  If you want to make 25 really good friends, send one of those cigars to each of the Top 25 members shown here:   http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=points;area=contest;cid=66
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

RKRedd

MT21

QuoteBrlesq - 5/9/2012  12:13 PM

QuoteMT21 - 5/9/2012  3:06 PM

WoW, that sounds like some expert advice right there!  
You're the one who told me. Was I wrong?
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

CrazyK

CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Shukpaw

If there just happened to be a place you could order them they would be about $500-$550.  Very nice prize.  This is just my opinion, and is highly subjective, but if it was me I think a win win situation would be to sell them for about $400.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

junglepete

I've never seen a box of Esplendidos in a black box. Got a picture to post? Welcome to the site.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

doubleott05

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!! sir thats not alot these days.... oh really ... ya ya.... ONE BILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!
-Elliot
Be my friend on facebook (be sure to identify your self as a geek)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/elliot.youngstrom

Link to my Humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=doubleott05

Beegerply

Welcome enjoy the site, nice prize by the way.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Smitty89

"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
Ben Hogan

horrido

QuoteRKRedd - 5/9/2012  2:46 PM

I Recently won a box of 25 Cohiba Esplendidos - Reserva  (Black Box) and was approached by a couple guys at the event wanting to buy it from me immediately.

Does anyone know the value of this box?

Welcome to the site. Realistically you will sell them faster if of course lower range 300-350 is what most private sale would be cause I can get them for 300.00 without someones profit built in depends where in Cuba you are. It also will depend on who the person you are selling to how bad they want it. The more wanting drives the price up as usual in supply/demand. If they are really lets say hunger then your prize will be worth more. If you get 400.00 good for you.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

horrido

Quotejunglepete - 5/9/2012  3:56 PM

I've never seen a box of Esplendidos in a black box. Got a picture to post? Welcome to the site.

Yup me either so are they Cuban or a look alike?
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

uplander12ga

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

RKRedd

How can I post a picture her?  I'm not seeing the option.

horrido

QuoteRKRedd - 5/9/2012  4:34 PM

How can I post a picture her?  I'm not seeing the option.

Picture must below 100K and there is an option: Attach a file after posting. Click it
-- Cuban saying

horrido

Quotejunglepete - 5/9/2012  3:56 PM

Found a pic of the the black box on this site. Look at Standard Packaging but on closer look its for Behikes or Magicos. Umm thinking they should have the Black box for others but not sure.

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Cohiba#Espl|endidos
-- Cuban saying

RKRedd

horrido

QuoteRKRedd - 5/9/2012  4:43 PM

Got it Thanks.  See pic above.

Is there any codes on the bottom of the box? Also if they are the real deal 1966-2007 that were released in 1989 don't be to hasty in selling just yet. These maybe a hell of a win.
-- Cuban saying

RKRedd

I'll check for the codes when I get home.  Thanks.

Cfickter

It's a beautiful thing, Welcome and congrats on the win
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.