Cigar Tobacco in your pipe?

Started by freakydeakydutchman, 05/11/2012 12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freakydeakydutchman

can you and should you use cigar tobacco in your pipe?
lets sya i have a cigar that the wrapper came undone in transport. Is it ok and good to cut up that sucker and use it in my pipe? I know it wont be the same as pipe tobacco or taste the same. But has anyone else tried this? :?:
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

ilovetobacco

I've done it before. Better than throwing the wrapper out.
Also, GL Pease and Cornell & Diehl both have several blends that utilize cigar leaf.
-Will

jw-owl

McClellands offers a domincan and a dominican maduro variety, I haven't tried it but it sounds interesting. Also, at pipesandcigars.com, they offer a sampler that comes with an extra bag of cigar leaf to mix in. Sounds good though...

RoscozRevenge

Give it a go. Just be aware that it will probably seem more full bodied smoking that tobacco from your pipe than the cigar it came from may have been.
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

jw-owl

Yeah, I've been a bit hesitant figuring it would be quite heavy. The dominican doesn't get stellar reviews, some like it though, I may have to give it a go...for the members of coarse...

toby2

i have a Peterson Rock of Cashel i use just for nubbing cigars that i can't bare to put down and don't want to over heat when they get small. i haven't tried breaking up a cigar into a pipe though. sounds like it would burn hotter than pipe leaf. but why not?

ilovetobacco

Oh, I should note that you might want to dedicate a pipe just to cigars as the leaf (Or nubbing the cigars) will leave a strong ghost in the pipe.
-Will

wlfwalleye

I've ocasionaly nubed a cigar in a pipe.

At home when I clip a cigar I save the clippings in an empty tobacco tin. I add these clippings in certain pipe tobacco's to give them an extra kick.

87North

Quotewlfwalleye - 5/12/2012  3:26 AM

At home when I clip a cigar I save the clippings in an empty tobacco tin. I add these clippings in certain pipe tobacco's to give them an extra kick.

You're so gonna be ready when the apocolypse comes aren't you... :lmao:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

ROTHNH

Smoking cigar nubs in a pipe is very old school -- I remember my granddad used to do that all the time.  I do it occasionally too, but have never "broken up" cigar tobacco for pipe smoking.

For smoking cigar nubs in a pipe (broken up nubs for that matter), you may want to set aside a specific pipe for that purpose.  Mine's a corn cob.

metalhead y cigarguy

Quote87North - 5/13/2012  6:35 AM

Quotewlfwalleye - 5/12/2012  3:26 AM

You're so gonna be ready when the apocolypse comes aren't you... :lmao:

Yes he is. I've already decided that if the apocalypse does come I'm moving east to Nebraska. Kyle I hope you've got a spare room. :biggrin:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Akkahuna

Sounds like a good way to finish up that nub of the cigar you just finished.  My grandpappy use to say "Waste not Want not" or the such, I might just finish off my stogies in his old pipe.

metalhead y cigarguy

One of these days I'll dedicate a pipe just for cigar nubs and try that, but for now I don't have a pipe I want to try it in.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.