"A fine cigar is like a fine woman. They come in all shapes and sizes. Treat them tenderly and lovingly. Caress their skin, admire their beauty, fondle them with reverence. Bring them slowly to your lips, enjoy their flavor, their aroma. Contemplate their essence, their dependability, and forgive them their weaknesses - if there be any. Revel in the rituals, their simplicity and their enduring meanings. Do these things, my son, and the blessings of life shall always be upon you." -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Main Menu

Brand New Cigar Lounge!!!!

Started by PETE314, 07/01/2012 09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PETE314

Last Night I attended the Grand Opening of Royal Havana Cigars. A brand new Cigar Lounge that has opened up *GASP* barely 2 minutes down the street from me....LORD I am in TROUBLE!!!! Unfortunately for me(in terms of the event) I was helping my sister family move in all day so I arrived quite late to the event....so I didn't get to spend quite as long as I would have liked there...But from what I saw, they had an excellent turnout and a very successful event. I brought my Brother in Law and he had his very first cigar...a Rocky Patel Connecticut 7 year...I think I started something...LOL....This is a really big thing for this area as there are not very many lounges available as the smoking laws in Ohio are a liitle ill written...It was a good time had by all and I look forward to frequenting this place in the future...

Royal Havana Cigars LLC
38448 Lakeshore Blvd.
Willoughby, Ohio 44094

I know Bob will go nuts over that pic with the TV screens.....:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

The damage:

2 - Pardon 3000 Maduro, 2 - My Father Le Bijou Petite Robusto(smoked one there:thumbsup: ), CAO La Tratiata Maduro 5x50, 2 - AF Hemmingway Short Story, 2 - Monte Pascoal Belicoso, Rocky Patel Olde World Maduro Toro, Perdomo Reserve Noir Robusto....plus the RP fro my Bro in law....

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Beegerply

Looks like a nice place, and nice choice on your smokes.
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

MT21

Very nice.  And close by too.  Mmmm.....
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

toby2

nice. we only have one around here like that.

nirab

That looks like a great place, and so close to you is even better! Enjoy! :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

cocon

Looks like a nice place to hang out for a while.
WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

Shukpaw

I wish I had a lounge 2 minutes away.  The place looks good.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

fsjonsey

QuotePETE314 - 7/1/2012  7:30 AM

Last Night I attended the Grand Opening of Royal Havana Cigars. A brand new Cigar Lounge that has opened up *GASP* barely 2 minutes down the street from me....LORD I am in TROUBLE!!!! Unfortunately for me(in terms of the event) I was helping my sister family move in all day so I arrived quite late to the event....so I didn't get to spend quite as long as I would have liked there...But from what I saw, they had an excellent turnout and a very successful event. I brought my Brother in Law and he had his very first cigar...a Rocky Patel Connecticut 7 year...I think I started something...LOL....This is a really big thing for this area as there are not very many lounges available as the smoking laws in Ohio are a liitle ill written...It was a good time had by all and I look forward to frequenting this place in the future...

Royal Havana Cigars LLC
38448 Lakeshore Blvd.
Willoughby, Ohio 44094

I know Bob will go nuts over that pic with the TV screens.....:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

The damage:

2 - Pardon 3000 Maduro, 2 - My Father Le Bijou Petite Robusto(smoked one there:thumbsup: ), CAO La Tratiata Maduro 5x50, 2 - AF Hemmingway Short Story, 2 - Monte Pascoal Belicoso, Rocky Patel Olde World Maduro Toro, Perdomo Reserve Noir Robusto....plus the RP fro my Bro in law....

Pete, I'm glad you enjoyed the grand opening. I'm Bryan, the guy who gave you some suggestions and checked you out at the counter. I've been helping Dave, the owner of Royal Havana, get the shop going for the past three months or so. Our design idea for the interior of the shop was mid century modern furniture and wide mahogany paneling, Mad Men meets Havana circa 1961, if you will, as it existed just before the Cuban Embargo was signed. We thought it would make for a unique space that people would enjoy relaxing and spending time in.
I hope to see you again soon!

Ringadingh

Looks like a nice spot, I wish we had a cigar lounge here in Ontario, but they were banned a few years ago.
Theres no indoor smoking at all permitted here anywhere.

kylepwhalen

Very cool, although dangerous to have such a temptation so close to home!! Also very cool of you to respond Bryan-I like how the cigar community makes an effort to stay in contact

1029henry

Nice lounge! The Communist politicians here in Kalifornia would have a coronary to see the pictures of patrons enjoying alcoholic beverages (Gasp!) in a cigar lounge! That would get you 10 years in the Gulag out here in the Granola State.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

PETE314

Thank's Bryan...Glad to see you post....Hope to see you here more often....will definitely see you at the RHC....Dave was a real nice guy as well.  I got to talk a little with him when I first got to the shop.  Hope to see you guys tonight over at the Hooley House.  I just found out about Mondays over there sometime last week....so I will start showing my face around there every now and then...

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

DonM

Looks like a nice lounge and sounds like it will be convenient for you!

"The Curmudgeon"

PETE314

QuoteDonM - 7/2/2012  11:30 AM

Looks like a nice lounge and sounds like it will be convenient for you!
Oh yeah....TOO convenient...LOL...I can see the dollars flying away from my wallet as I type.... :hitme:

fsjonsey

QuotePETE314 - 7/2/2012  6:46 AM

Thank's Bryan...Glad to see you post....Hope to see you here more often....will definitely see you at the RHC....Dave was a real nice guy as well.  I got to talk a little with him when I first got to the shop.  Hope to see you guys tonight over at the Hooley House.  I just found out about Mondays over there sometime last week....so I will start showing my face around there every now and then...

Quotekylepwhalen - 7/2/2012  6:28 AM

Very cool, although dangerous to have such a temptation so close to home!! Also very cool of you to respond Bryan-I like how the cigar community makes an effort to stay in contact

Thanks guys. I actually registered here back when I first started smoking cigars at age 18. I ended up becoming a regular at Club Stogie (now puff.com,) which I quit after the ownership change, and haven't posted here until now. I'm 22 now, have four years of cigar experience under my belt, the past two of which have been as an employee of another local cigar shop, and now Royal Havana. I met Dave, the owner of Royal Havana at my first shop. He called me out of the blue this past April and basically recruited me to help him get RH going. I knew the point of sale system, and how to inventory a humidor, and things sort of went from there. It happened that we both liked early 60's mid-century modern design (I own two 1962 Corvair Monza sedans, and collect and restore vintage vacuum tube television sets and hi-fi audio equipment), and the concept of RH's lounge was born. It's been a lot of work, but also a lot of fun helping to start a new business.

TBossAZ

I have a cigar shop/lounge just down the street from me too.  Very convenient.

Even though there is one close by, I go to a few different places for the experience.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.