A Herf at the Tinderbox

Started by bslatner, 08/02/2008 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bslatner

I just got back from Club Puros's monthly smoke at our local B&M, the Tinderbox. Clint (Turboknat) was there too.

Craig Cass, the proprietor, just brought back a bunch of new smokes from the cigar retailers convention. Some are available for sale now, others aren't.

They put all our names in a hat and had a drawing, with each member getting a different smoke.

I got the Trinidad 100th Anniversary edition. I already had a lit Pepin JJ in my hands, so I didn't light it, but based on reports, I think it'll be a fine smoke.

I also picked up:

Camacho Liberty 2008
Romeo y Julieta Edicion Limitada Rothschilde
Kristoff Criollo

There's some very exciting stuff about to hit the shelves. I'm particularly keen to try the new Jose Seijas stick (available next month, locally) and the new Hoyo de Monterrey.

podman28

I had just tried a Kristoff that was given to me at my Cigar Lounge. I enjoyed it. Smoked long and slow. Was very relaxing.

Turboknat

Yeah, it was a fun event.  My name draw got me the new Kristoff Maduro, which I did have there.  It was very full bodied, and had a rich, earthy taste with (I have never used this description before) dirt.  But when I say dirt, not literal.  More like the aroma that comes from nutrient rich soil, that good aroma.  Anyway, I also picked up a Kristoff Criollo, one for me, and one for the pass.  I had one last week, and loved it.  I also picked up a Royal Jamaica, which I also tried last week and loved.

After the herf, I went to a Drew Estate event at another place in town, and met Rick (Vice President of Public Relations).  We talked about the new Cigar Safari (www.cigarsafari.com), and I was able to check out some of the new product (including my anticipated Chateau Real Maduro.  I left with some great samples, and some cool apparel and items that he was kind to give me.  

Anyway, a very fun cigar day for me. :biggrin:

Turboknat

Brian, I just realized, congrats on Veteran status. :usa:

bslatner

Heh. Thanks. Some day, I hope to be 1337 v3t3r4n like u. :bright:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.