Kitzman cigars?

Started by gitfiddl, 07/06/2012 07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

Back in the early 1970's, my Mom had a couple of cigar boxes in which she kept sewing supplies and other motherly things that were labelled or branded "Kitzman Cigar Company".  "Doc" Kitzman (it might have been Kitzmann) was the husband of her childhood friend, Carolyn (or Caroline).  No one remembers exactly what Doc's relation to the cigar industry was.  I vaguely remember meeting him once or twice.  They lived in (or around) Melbourne, FL, and I can't remember, nor can my Mom, whether they visited us here in Jacksonville, or when we were stationed in Key West.  I do know that when I was driving a delivery van for Honest Charley Speed Shop/Speed Distributors c. 1986 or so, I stopped off at the their house in Melbourne for lunch.  Doc has long since passed away.  I talked to "Aunt Carolyn" (sp?) about ten years ago and she was then living in Orlando.  Both she and my Mom are entering their 70's now and memories are starting to fall by the wayside.  If anyone can be of help, I'd appreciate it.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Danielkitzman

I might have some info, being Gerald (Doc) was my grandfather.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

QuoteDanielkitzman - 12/6/2019  10:54 AM

I might have some info, being Gerald (Doc) was my grandfather.
Cool and Welcome
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Vroomp

QuoteDanielkitzman - 12/6/2019  11:54 AM  I might have some info, being Gerald (Doc) was my grandfather.

Very cool~! Welcome to the site~!

Looks like you will have your wish Dave~!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Brlesq

Last week I sent gitfiddl a PM that the the younger Mr. Kitzman's responded, so hopefully they have had an opportunity to connect by now.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.