The Pvnisher

Started by toby2, 07/14/2012 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby2

holy sh!t. this is a wild smoke. I didn't look this up before I hit it for the first time. anyone done one of these yet?

jharrisx5

Yep...smoke em all the time...one of my favorites!
Puff Puff Give....

toby2

Quotejharrisx5 - 7/14/2012  9:53 PM  Yep...smoke em all the time...one of my favorites!

it's a capsaicin infused cigar for those of you who havent tried one. I just nubbed it. too bad it didn't say Acid might have saved me a few bucks. 

southernrun

have one in my humi but haven't cracked open the punisher yet!

Cfickter

Have some cooking
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

lubrix

I really enjoy them!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

R.Hamlin

Love the Punisher especially the shorty. Not a big fan of the pepper on the lips but once that subsides its just awesome.

"A cigar ought not to be smoked solely with the mouth, but with the hand, the eyes, and with the spirit.
~Zino Davidoff~

FNA

"it's a capsaicin [sic] infused cigar"

The only place I read this is at cigar discussion forums.  No one selling the cigar or 'professional' reviewers claim it is infused, at least not in the first six pages of a Google search.

Do you have a source for this info?

toby2

QuoteFNA - 7/15/2012 8:44 AM "it's a capsaicin [sic] infused cigar" The only place I read this is at cigar discussion forums. No one selling the cigar or 'professional' reviewers claim it is infused, at least not in the first six pages of a Google search. Do you have a source for this info?

never heard of pro a reviewer. that's a cush job. i looked it up the same way you did and that is what i came up with. chile pepper was what i found but capsaicin would be the active ingredient in my opinion. after smoking one i agree.

i have been growing and eating scorching hot peppers for 17 years or so and i love the flavor. it looks like many of you enjoy it with your cigar as well.

http://robustojoe.com/tobacco-cigars/cu-avana-punisher/ 

"The concept of an infused wrapper might, on the surface, seem like a ploy to sell an inferior cigar. But in this case, it serves as an augmentation of a great cigar that would otherwise stand on its own."

this guy went to the factory. i just thought he might be a good source?

lowpro75

I just smoked another one the other day.  I like it but I enjoy a really spicy cigar sometimes.  I put it in with more of the novelty, once in a while when I'm in the mood, category then an everyday type smoke.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

gitfiddl

I'm not sure if it's actually what I would call "infused".  I'd read somewhere that the cap was dipped in the chile oil, similar to the way makers give a cigar a sweetened cap.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

FNA

Thanks for the link, but even here the author goes no further than to say "Its wrapper appeared to be infused with a chili-like substance that, upon placing in my mouth, created a warm sensation across my lips and tongue"

"Appeared to be", based on the spiciness on contact with lips and tongue.  He later says 'interesting idea, infused wrapper', but gives no reason in article for claiming this.  Certainly no indication that this alleged info came from manufacturer or distributor.

See above, another poster "read somewhere" tip dipped, a la Baccarat.

I've had some hot and peppery to the tongue and lip cigars, none of which were claimed to be infused.

Infused?  Tip dipped?  Peppery tobacco?  Seems these are still open questions.

CrazyK

I've tried as well to find a reliable source to respond to the infused/dipped/etc question, and have not had any luck either. I really enjoy these too, and as mentioned above, once the initial heat subsides, they are a very good cigar!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

grabow66

Herfin Chefs word is good enough for me. Plus I talked to Justin Parrot of crapcigar.com and he claims Shorty Rossi informed him that the punisher line has chili oil dipped heads. Me, well my mouth went numb and I puked my brains out. It was a great experience!!!
If at first you dont succeed you are running about average.

toby2

yesterday i gave one away to a buddy of my son that always hits me up for smokes when he comes over. should be fun.

yeah i never found any real hard facts on the stick. good thing the sewing cirlce got to the bottom of it. :-)

billy82

Yeah they do have a nice punch.  I reviewed this about a year a go
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

chief791

I gotta try one. i love peppery cigars.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

toby2

Quotechief791 - 7/16/2012 5:18 PM I gotta try one. i love peppery cigars.

come on over. you can have the three i have left. :-)

sjn1117

had a punisher shorty a while back and i liked the hell out of it, but then again i like spicy peppery smokes myself
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

toby2

Quotesjn1117 - 7/16/2012  8:51 PM  had a punisher shorty a while back and i liked the hell out of it, but then again i like spicy peppery smokes myself

I do too. the one I had was burned like habanero oil was on it. 

toby2

so the one i smoked was the "Shorty" edition. cigar.com says it is stronger than the other version? whatever that means.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.