Punch Vintage #20

Started by Punch, 07/19/2012 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Punch

I have been unable to find a good independent review of the Punch Vintage #20. I understand these are made exclusively for Holts Cigars. I have read their Madison Ave. review, would like to see an independent third party revue. Any out there?

-Punch
5% of Americans actually think; 10% think they think and 85% would rather be dead than think. - Unknown

FNA

Do you like Punch cigars?  You'll probably like the Vintage line.  Holt's sells singles for $5+.  You could make up your own review.

Type Punch Vintage into a searxch engine, you'll find an 'independent' [user] review at another forum.

Shukpaw

I think Punch I usually worth a go.  I would want to try one myself before I went for a box.  I think it is worth the extra per cigar to start with a single or 5 pack of any cigar before you go for a box.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Punch

Thanks guys;

I ordered a special ten pack from Holt's for $3.25 a stick. I'll try them and report.

-Punch
5% of Americans actually think; 10% think they think and 85% would rather be dead than think. - Unknown

Dillon Dargie

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
? Albert Einstein

Cfickter

Punch is a pretty solid line. I would be surprised to hear they were disappointing. Love the rare Corojo
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Punch

QuoteDillon Dargie - 7/19/2012  5:35 PM

Can't wait to hear.

Got them in my humidor where they will mellow out for a least a couple months.

gitfiddl

QuoteCfickter - 7/21/2012  6:07 PM

Punch is a pretty solid line. I would be surprised to hear they were disappointing. Love the rare Corojo

:word:

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

FNA

As the saying goes: 'Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.'

"in my humidor where they will mellow out for a least a couple months"

Because the year they spent mellowing in cedar chests before sale just isn't quite enough.  

You have 10.  You can always smoke them later; you can never smoke them earlier.  IOW, if you don't smoke one now, you will never know what it tastes like now, because now becomes an unchangeable 'back then.'

Note my review of the Punch Bareknuckle ROTT - near perfect burn, good flavors, a fine smoke.  I should have put that off smoking that cigar for "at least" a couple of months, even if I had nearly a dozen more I could "mellow" for as long as I want?

Nah.  I'm telling you, smoke one of those cigars, you won't regret it, you'll probably enjoy it more than just reading reviews.

Punch

FNA, you have a good point there. To paraphrase the Thinking Man's Comic, I shall smoke one 'soon', real soon, in two shakes of a lambs tail, in a jiffy, in a flash. Which is faster? a jiffy or a flash? I'll smoke one sooner than you think, before you know it!

The only reason I keep them in the humi for some "time" is to re-hydrate. From time to time, I'll buy on-line and you never know how long they sat in the UPS truck in the heat. There was a "time" when they supplied a moisture pillow in each shipment, no more.

BTW, if you haven't heard GC check out this link it' hilarious; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M5eG-aywZQ

I once was delivered an order by UPS and they dropped it on my front porch where it baked all afternoon in the direct sunlight, for quite some 'time.'

FNA

A flash is faster than a jiffy.

Punch

QuotePunch - 7/22/2012  10:56 AM

QuoteDillon Dargie - 7/19/2012  5:35 PM

Can't wait to hear.

Well, Just finished my Punch Vintage #20. Here's my review:

The pre-light bouquet had a pleasant barnyard aroma. The wrapper was a consistent color with no noticeable flaws. To the touch the roll was firm, but, not overly so.

First third had a peppery/spicy flavor with dense smoke, which I like. Into the second third the peppery flavor faded into a mellow woody flavor with a hint of leather. Into the last third a little more pepper, but, not as intense as the lit up. Smoked it to the nub, all the time it burned even throughout with not a hint of wandering. Great construction, great burn and a great smoke for $3.25 Loved it!

Punch

Punch

You might be right!?

ntanner

glad you enjoyed it, hard to go wrong with Punch.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Ken Kelley

Well, how about that?  :biggrin:

Who's right?
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Punch

QuoteAlphairon - 11/24/2012  3:37 PM

Who's right?
FNA  (#285785 - in reply to #285778)

Ken Kelley

QuotePunch - 11/25/2012  4:07 PM

Who's right?

Frank is right? Hmmm...let me think about this for awhile.  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

nwb

QuoteAlphairon - 11/25/2012  4:16 PM
QuotePunch - 11/25/2012  4:07 PM

Who's right?

Frank is right? Hmmm...let me think about this for awhile.  :biggrin:

Oh my...... :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.