recent works ( lots o' pics)

Started by sam a, 07/24/2012 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam a

so... this is what i've been up to as of late. i decided to buckle down, set up a workshop, acquire/ build necessary tools and materials, and use them making pipes. still need to get a metal lathe but its on the agenda. anyhow i won't bore you with technical mumbo jumbo, and cut straight to the pictures. here are some of the latest fruits of my labors:

billiard:

cutty:

fat shanked bent somthing or another:

tomato:

asymmetrical tulip/egg :

Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

RoscozRevenge

Holy hell those are beautiful Sam!
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

GarCar

Beautiful work...all of them. Love that bent fat one.

Robert LG

Wow! Very nice Sam.  Makes me want to start smoking a pipe.
Rob

toby2

RoscozRevenge

Sam did you custom cut and shape those stems as well?
-Malcolm Reynolds

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Shukpaw

I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

sam a

QuoteRoscozRevenge - 7/24/2012  4:17 PM  Sam did you custom cut and shape those stems as well?

yup... i hand cut the stems from ebonite rod stock. the stem work is definitely the most tedious part of the process but it can make or break a pipe IMO so its well worth the added effort.

Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

Brlesq

Unbelievable craftsmanship, Sam.  How long does it take you to make one of those pipes?
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

wescat

The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

cocon

WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

metalhead y cigarguy

You selling any of those on eBay or ETSY? Those are great looking pipes! Well done.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

RoscozRevenge

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 7/24/2012  6:37 PM

You selling any of those on eBay or ETSY? Those are great looking pipes! Well done.

DON"T SELL OUT SAM!!! I'LL GIVE YOU MONEY TO KEEP THOSE!  :-0

-Malcolm Reynolds

SenorPablo

Holy crap Sam!  Those are absolutely beautiful!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

BlackIrish

Quotegitfiddl - 7/24/2012  7:18 PM

Freaking gorgeous!  

:bow:  :respekt:

:word:

I'm incredibly impressed. And jealous of your talent
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

1sgjeffward

Won't be long and you'll be supporting the habit off of pipe sales!!! VERY nice work.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

sam a

thanks for all the kind words guys! i really appreciate it.

@bruce: it depends on the pipe, but on average i suppose i'm spending 30-40 hrs per pipe. i am getting faster with more experience but still have a ways to go.

@bryan; i not selling yet, but when i do start... i'll likely just launch my own website.

nirab

Wow! I am not a pipe smoker (yet!), but those are simply beautiful, and those last two really stand out to me. Great job!!  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

akira

Impressive work!  Im interested to see how much it would take for you to part with those...
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

McBryde

Very very very impressive work Sam!

Emerson
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Hot Stuff x

that's fine craftsmanship right there!
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.