Recent Purchases

Started by ROTHNH, 08/20/2012 03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROTHNH

Except for a tin or two, I've mostly been smoking tobacco I've had in the cellar for a while, in various pipes I have owned for years now.

Here are a couple recent purchases, FWTW:

TAD (Smokingpies.com):

HH Old Dark Fired 100g (#003-039-0075): 1
Item Total: $11.17 ---> something new to try out that's on fire right now.

Izmir Turkish (#005-459-0020): 1
Options: 2oz
Item Total: $4.40 ---> I like oriental blends and I was out of this (apparently so is this vendor, it' on back order)

HH Mature Virginia 16oz (#003-039-0056): 1
Item Total: $35.32 ---> An old favorite.

Hamborger Veermaster 50g (#003-293-0015): 1
Item Total: $10.63 --->  Not easy to find --

Silver Label - 660 100g (#003-061-0014): 1
Item Total: $19.96 ---> naturally spicy-sweet VA-Kentucky

Special: Christmas Cheer 2012 100g (#003-041-0136): 1
Item Total: $15.20 ---> highly recommended and it's a VA so why not

PAD (smokershaven.com):

http://www.smokershaven.com/savinelli-estate-pipe-punto-oro-amber-grain.aspx

---> This Savinelli high end, with a great grain was offered at a good price, but it was the twin-bore stem that clinched it for me

http://www.smokershaven.com/r-c-sands-pipe-1-8-bent-egg.aspx

---> R.C. Sands is (was?) a phenomenal pipe maker.  Smokers Haven has qite a few unsmoked pipes of his for sale ATM -- all $50-$100.  This one called out to me.

From CI (free shipping):

PM-CBRSH-1
Shank Cleaning Brush
CLEANING BRUSH
In-Stock   2   $0.99   $1.98 ---> They come in handy and these are a great price.

PT-EMA0050-F
Erinmore Flake 50g Tin
50g TIN
In-Stock   1   $7.50   $7.50 ---> I have some tins in the cellar, but why not.

PT-ESA0050
Escudo 50g Tin
50g TIN
In-Stock   1   $9.50   $9.50 ---> see Erinmore Flake above ;)

PT-ORA0100-GS
Orlik Golden Sliced 100g Tin
100g TIN
In-Stock   1   $12.50   $12.50 ---> If you're ready to try a Virginia, this is the one to start with IMO.

PT-PTN0050-UF
Peterson University Flake 50g Tin
50g TIN
Backordered: ships in about 5-7 days. --->  More interesting flavors and more user friendly than Irish Flake, IMO.

Now all this should hold me for a bit   :biggrin:

toby2

i've been smoking the Irish and University flake lately. the Escudo Navy De Luxe is also in my rotation but its a sipper. i'm getting better at the VERY slow draw.

i'll have to check those others out!

ROTHNH

Quotetoby2 - 8/20/2012  4:35 PM

i've been smoking the Irish and University flake lately. the Escudo Navy De Luxe is also in my rotation but its a sipper. i'm getting better at the VERY slow draw.

i'll have to check those others out!

A must but worth it going slow, especially with Virginias.

I've a friend pipe N00b ... I've finally got him to tap out the last half inch of tobacco if it's getting warmer too -- saves burning the roof of the mouth (which is sometimes misdiagnosed as bite).

sam a

nice pick ups... and good choice in dealing with smokers haven, premal is a pleasure to do business with and a real nice guy to boot.
Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

ROTHNH

Quotesam a - 8/20/2012  5:33 PM

nice pick ups... and good choice in dealing with smokers haven, premal is a pleasure to do business with and a real nice guy to boot.

A little story about Premal.  

I purchased an estate pipe from him (last April IIRC) and it arrived OK, but the stem was really tight.  I smoked this pipe occasionally (a good smoker) and in the course of a few weeks, I noticed the shank (where it meets the stem) had a fine, but a bit hard to see 1/4 inch crack.  I mentioned this to Premal and I would need to get it repaired.  Without batting an eye, he matter-of-factly stated that it was no problem, he would credit my account for what I paid for the pipe in my next purchase which he did BTW, in my order last week.

Bob Clark (Clarkpipes.com) expertly repaired the crack with a made-to-order brass ring ($24 including shipping).  Needless to say, I am one happy camper and will remain a loyal customer of both Smokers Haven and Bob Clark.

toby2

got home today to a gift from Steph...

she must know how much i love a good poke r

ROTHNH

Looks like two P-lip Petes.  Good stuff, Toby.

I'm really into the Savinelli XS Natural Punto Oro Twin Bore Billiard I got recently -- just a superb virtual relic from the past.  Smoking some aged MB HH Matured Virginia in it now.

toby2

QuoteROTHNH - 9/6/2012  10:19 PM  Looks like two P-lip Petes.  Good stuff, Toby.  I'm really into the Savinelli XS Natural Punto Oro Twin Bore Billiard I got recently -- just a superb virtual relic from the past.  Smoking some aged MB HH Matured Virginia in it now.

it's the Mark Twain set I had in my fathers day wish list. one system plip and a traditional poker. I wanted it for the poker. they don't offer it in that size any other way. 

I'm going to have to get another stand now cause these ain't going to be collectables!

toby2

GLP Maltese Falcon and JK plug. Mac Baren Burley London Blend.
i cut a few pieces off the plug cut em into squares and rubbed out a few bowls for later. it what works the best for me at this point.
can't wait to try the burley. a recent article i read said folks are missing out if they shun it. sounds fun to find out....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.