VS 55 Box Pressed Primeros

Started by JohnnyStix, 08/27/2012 05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyStix

I have hit the wall.  Literally.  I have no more room in my humi and these ladies are taking up the most real estate.  I have 20 Victor Sinclair Series 55 Box Pressed Primeros that have been sleeping quietly for about 5 months.  They are mid level (to my pocketbook) sticks a notch above a yard gar.  The age has helped.  The first third starts off creamy and unobtrusive as the thick smoke coats your palate.  Then a mildness joins the fray as your mouth is treated to a smorgasboard of creamy mildness.  The second third sees the creaminess and the mildness join forces to dance around your taste buds, whispering "taste me!".  The final third sees even more creaminess and, yes, more mildness dance along the palate.  Ok, ok, I'm sounding too much like any online description of any Connie might sound.  These are decent Connecticut wraps around Dominican Seco with a little (very little!) Ligero as well.  In my opinion, they are very good morning cigars or cigars to hand out to moochers (their banding and box press are purty)

I'm not looking to parcel these out, and I'm not looking for 20 other cigars.  If anyone is looking for a good morning cigar and wants to part with a 5'er of something even marginally stronger, I'm all ears.  Or eyes....pm me.

JohnnyStix

"Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. This way when you insult him you'll be a mile away and have his shoes"

Brlesq

We don't hit walls here.  We just add another humidor/tuppedor.   Problem solved for a few more months.  ;-)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

JohnnyStix

LOL, trust me, I know.  My original humi, a 25 ct little box, looks adorable sitting between my other players.  Adorable, and full.  So is the 50 ct I upgraded to after about 4 months into the obsession.  The 100 count RP branded box actually seemed to come pre-loaded with sticks if I remember right....because it filled so fast I don't remember doing it.  So that's why I needed the 150 count "big" box from cheaphumidors.com's scratch n' dent section.  I use it just for my Gurkha's, which seem to propagate new line extensions almost as fast as my boxes.  Tupperdor number one holds 200 in an air tight void but we call it "the creature" and I was the Dr. Cigarenstein that created it.  It looks frightening, but works.  Tupperdor no. 2 is actually a Fridge-ador, an unplugged, cedar lined, self built abomination.  It's not a problem of lack of humi room alone.  It's a lack of rooms for my humi's.  There has to be a limit. Crap, I forgot to mention my 3 Bodum jar humidors, er, humijars, for my infused sticks!  Help me!
JohnnyStix

"Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. This way when you insult him you'll be a mile away and have his shoes"

Brlesq

I'm thinking that something like this might solve a lot of our storage problems!

http://www.humidorstore.com/walkin.html
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

JohnnyStix

Bruce, that would be so amazing!  I've thought about converting the closet in my den into a humidor.  Ok, I've more than thought about it.  I've planned it all out down to the electric humidifier.  I've gotta' do some research and see if anyone else has done something similar.  Or similarly stupid.
JohnnyStix

junglepete

old thread revived by deleted spammer
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.