New Article - Is it Mold or Plume?

Started by SenorPablo, 09/24/2012 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Hi folks.  I'm happy to announce we have a new article added to our library - Is it Mold or Plume?  This was put together by our member Rebecca Silverwolf.  I know this topic comes up a lot and a lot of folks wonder when they come across a stick that has growth whether it is mold or plume.  This article will help answer that question complete with pictures.

Thanks Rebecca!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Rebecca Silverwolf

Thanks! Hope people find it to be helpful.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

toby2

QuoteRebecca Silverwolf - 9/24/2012  9:54 PM  Thanks! Hope people find it to be helpful.

Thx!

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Herfin' Chef

That's a great write up!  Well done Rebecca!
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

87North

Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

1sgjeffward

Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Shukpaw

Thanks.  I hate when I have to ask that question.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

1029henry

Nicely done article, Rebecca. I have yet to see a walk-in humi without a few moldies.....the owners invariably say"Oh, it's plume!"
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

CrazyK

Excellent article Rebecca! Thanks!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Cigary

Great article and I've read so much about the Plume/Mold that it just amazes me that B&M owners will still tell consumers that it's plume when they know it's mold.  I guess they don't want to see their sales go down or their reputation being torn down.  I've seen plume about  dozen times in my life...I get excited when I see it but I've also seen mold and trust me....there aint no excitement when I see it.

I've always said that this Forum is the best...the members here educate each other to help...it just doesn't get much better than that.  Thanks Rebecca!

PETE314

I've always wondered....My cigars look like fuzzy drumsticks....is that mold or plume????  and now I know.....the rest of the story!!!!  :biggrin:

Great Job on the article Rebecca!!!
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

grabow66

If at first you dont succeed you are running about average.

wescat

Damn good of you to do this Rebecca,  :thanx:  :bigthumbs:
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

stillwater

Voexum

Fantastic work on the article Rebecca!
Christopher "Voexum"
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Voexum

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting." - The Doctor

vw77guy

wescat

Rebecca, the second pic on this page might be a worthy addition to your article:  http://www.cigars.co.uk/news/sautters-discover-a-long-forgotten-treasure/

Those are ~ 120 year old cigars.....
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

CoreyMacLeod

No Signature Necessary.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.