Anthonys blind review

Started by theoldcc, 07/11/2007 08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theoldcc

Thats pretty cool Anthony and congratulations.  So I assume the stick turned out to be the Macanudo???  Good review.  I'm totally intrigued by the minty/menthol taste.

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

mistagordo

Good deal Anthony!  Must have been the Macanudo.  Can't say i've one tasting of mint or menthol though - thank god.  I used to smoke cigarettes and hated menthols.  But i kind of know what you mean about a mint flavor, like almost peppermint.

Steve

monteclaro

What did you have to do to win the sticks?
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

Anthony

Yup, after opening the note, I learned that the cigar was the Macanudo Vintage 1997 III.

The contest was to identify 4 unbanded cigars (brand, series, vitola, and wrapper) by one photo. It was actually a really fun contest, especially seeing the vast variety of different guesses from people on such a small number of cigars.  

I successfully identified all 4, so I won those plus the unbanded Mac '97 to do the blind review.  

As to the menthol taste...  :confused:  ... it was more of a 'sensation' then a 'flavor' -- kinda hard to describe, but if you've smoked menthol cigarettes you know they smoke different then non-menthol. (I don't smoke cigarettes incidentally)
_____

SenorPablo

That is a pretty cool idea for a contest.  And that's awesome that you got all 4 just from pictures given that there are so many out there.  Nice job!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Anthony

Here's the pic from the contest:

http://anthonydimattia.com/cigar/1000postcontestb.jpg>
_____

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.