Banned: Paul Iannetti

Started by SenorPablo, 09/01/2008 08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

As much as it pains me to say it, I believe the infamaous Mr. Paul Iannetti (user name paulian3) seems to have scammed us.  He gained our trust as a member of the site and seemingly walked away with 2 cigar passes at the same time.  I am fairly sure that his real name is Paul Iannetti and I believe we have mentioned his name enough in this thread that the various search engines on the internet over time will score this thread as a hit when his name is searched.  People that may have any future associations with this person can perhaps gain an understanding of his character.  It is a shame that someone would go through this kind of trouble just to get some free cigars.

Multiple attempts to try to contact Paul via various emails have yielded no replies.  His last logon on this site was 8/19, which was roughly when he walked away with the passes.  This seems to be more than enough time for him to reply or make good on the passes.  I therefore have made the decision to give him the dubious honor of the first banned member of Cigar Geeks.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

podman28

It is amazing to me that he would do this over a couple hundred dollars worth of cigars. I for one have never been big on burning bridges especially over something so small but maybe he has other ideas. Well, what comes around goes around I believe so I hope he is ready when he gets his. :shotgun:

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Okay...I admit it...I am only answering this thread to make my 10,000 points. YAHOO! But he is still an ass.
Guru of Frugality

podman28

:lmao: Yes an ass indeed but congrats on 10,000 points. I myself only have a few days to wait until I get the promotion to extreme veteran and join the other proud members of that status. :biggrin:

ljlemer

Quotejunglepete - 9/1/2008  10:26 PM

Okay...I admit it...I am only answering this thread to make my 10,000 points. YAHOO! But he is still an ass.

Congrats! Is there a list of scores somewhere? I think you are number two.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 9/1/2008  9:53 PM

As much as it pains me to say it, I believe the infamaous Mr. Paul Iannetti (user name paulian3) seems to have scammed us.  He gained our trust as a member of the site and seemingly walked away with 2 cigar passes at the same time.  I am fairly sure that his real name is Paul Iannetti and I believe we have mentioned his name enough in this thread that the various search engines on the internet over time will score this thread as a hit when his name is searched.  People that may have any future associations with this person can perhaps gain an understanding of his character.  It is a shame that someone would go through this kind of trouble just to get some free cigars.

Multiple attempts to try to contact Paul via various emails have yielded no replies.  His last logon on this site was 8/19, which was roughly when he walked away with the passes.  This seems to be more than enough time for him to reply or make good on the passes.  I therefore have made the decision to give him the dubious honor of the first banned member of Cigar Geeks.

If you are OK posting his name. why not his two known email addies? How about his home address or at least his hometown?

-Paul

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

Quotepodman28 - 9/1/2008  10:02 PM

It is amazing to me that he would do this over a couple hundred dollars worth of cigars.

Do you really think they were worth that much?

Thomas Mann

podman28

Actually yes. I can't speak to the value of the other pass but I know when I sent my pass out it was over $100 in value.

ljlemer

I should add that it's easy to rejoin with a different name. He might already have done that just to monitor our reactions. Just to know if we're sending a posse, so he can skip town if necessary.

Thomas Mann

Duker511

I cant believe this, just before my first pass gets to me, its gone. Well, now I have to join the next one going around. What a jerk, I hope he does get his someday. :kickyou:
Tim

Sticks

Too bad there isn't some legal recourse. I feel bad for you guys who lost those cigars you had invested into the pass. Also for the trust you invested because that is a commodity that you can't put a price on.

JKG

Trust is a terrible thing to waste. :loser: Unfortunately, the world is full of jackasses and it seems to be getting worse every day.

tnt956

Karma (is that the correct spelling?) will catch up to him at some point.

junglepete

When you go to members list you can change the listing order from alphabetically to show by points, or date joined, etc.
Guru of Frugality

Aequitas86

Quotetnt956 - 9/2/2008  4:28 PM

Karma (is that the correct spelling?) will catch up to him at some point.

Yes it is. And yes it will. That jackass.
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

Bob Cordell

Mail Fraud? Whats the dollar limit for that charge?

Just wondering... :shades:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

nukbucko

Well Paul Iannetti Is banned Im going to move on.
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

tnt956

Perhaps a new member must start a cigar pass first before participating in future passes.  Granted, not everyone is as petty as unethical as Paul but it may be a good idea.

SenorPablo

Quoteljlemer - 9/1/2008  11:22 PM

I should add that it's easy to rejoin with a different name. He might already have done that just to monitor our reactions. Just to know if we're sending a posse, so he can skip town if necessary.

I'm tracking that possibility.  There are ways to monitor for that.  That's not to say it's impossible but it would be a fair amount of trouble to try to fake joining again without showing your previous identity.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

texlewee

I heard this once:

KarmaGeddon - When, like, the world, like, comes to and end and, like, blows up. and it really bums everybody out, dude. :crazy:
" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

BlackIrish

Quotetnt956 - 9/2/2008  8:53 PM

Perhaps a new member must start a cigar pass first before participating in future passes.  Granted, not everyone is as petty as unethical as Paul but it may be a good idea.

Some kind of qualification process seems to make sense.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

texlewee

Again, I think it all boils down to the pass moderator. Whatever he decides....
" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.