App suggestions

Started by Raymondh, 11/02/2012 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymondh

It would be nice if cigar descriptions, photos, ratings, and comments were available for cigars in the humidor inventory. Is that possible?

Ken Kelley

QuoteRaymondh - 11/2/2012  3:30 PM

It would be nice if cigar descriptions, photos, ratings, and comments were available for cigars in the humidor inventory. Is that possible?

That info is available in the Cigar Database and Cigar Reviews section. Just have to make a few more keystrokes. I imagine the inventory section would get fair cluttered up if all that was in there.

Take a few minutes to let us know a little about you in the Newbie Intros.

:welcome:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

NES Tek

Yes, please give an intro.

I know the photo thing comes up once in a while. Don;t remember what the last word was on it.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Raymondh

I was thinking it could be a link to the database section from the humidor so you wouldn't need to look it up in the database.

I'll update my profile ASAP!

nirab

Welcome!...now, who is this man that goes by the name of Raymondh?  :confused:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

SenorPablo

Yes. Photos is on the list for a future release.  Stll a ways off though.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

tmmedic20

A automatic daily humidor sync would be great, or a setting to have it sync as often as you like.

P.s. I love the app

PaulMcCoy

QuoteRaymondh - 11/2/2012  4:33 PM  I was thinking it could be a link to the database section from the humidor so you wouldn't need to look it up in the database.   I'll update my profile ASAP!

Agreed.

"If you can't send money, send tobacco." -George Washington to the Continental Congress, 1776.   

1sgjeffward

QuotePaulMcCoy - 11/9/2012  9:09 PM

QuoteRaymondh - 11/2/2012  4:33 PM  I was thinking it could be a link to the database section from the humidor so you wouldn't need to look it up in the database.   I'll update my profile ASAP!

Agreed.

A solution for right now is you have the notes section that does show up on the App. Know its not perfect or as good as a link to the database would be but at least gives you something.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Mvilla888

In doing some research for the current Secret Santa pass....was wondering if there is anything out there on this world wide web thingy the kids all talk about that can give you recommendations on cigars.  So what I mean is....if you really like a Liga Privada #9, what other cigars are similar in wrapper/binder/filler combinations that you may also enjoy.  Seems like a possible App all of it's own.

If anyone knows App programming and runs with this....give a BOTL some credit for the idea......
"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience."
--George Bernard Shaw

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Mvilla888

nkowal

QuoteMvilla888 - 11/30/2012  9:16 AM

In doing some research for the current Secret Santa pass....was wondering if there is anything out there on this world wide web thingy the kids all talk about that can give you recommendations on cigars.  So what I mean is....if you really like a Liga Privada #9, what other cigars are similar in wrapper/binder/filler combinations that you may also enjoy.  Seems like a possible App all of it's own.

If anyone knows App programming and runs with this....give a BOTL some credit for the idea......

Seems like if you had the pertinent info in a table it would be pretty easy to filter or in web world, run an SQL script on.

1sgjeffward

Quotenkowal - 12/2/2012  11:15 PM

Seems like if you had the pertinent info in a table it would be pretty easy to filter or in web world, run an SQL script on.

True. I mean all the info is already in the cigars database it would just be a different search function. I myself have thought at times it would be nice to search for certain aspects of a cigar in the database. Something like Cameroon Pyramids for example ya know.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

SenorPablo

Quote1sgjeffward - 12/3/2012  1:40 AM

Quotenkowal - 12/2/2012  11:15 PM

True. I mean all the info is already in the cigars database it would just be a different search function. I myself have thought at times it would be nice to search for certain aspects of a cigar in the database. Something like Cameroon Pyramids for example ya know.

There is currently the ability under Advanced Search to search by those characteristics.  But i'm not sure you would get the same affect.  I think what most people would be interested in is flavor profile.  Like spiciness, sweetness, nicotine hit, etc...  Just showing cigars that have wrappers for fillers from the same country probabl;y won't achieve what people are looking for.  But if it does for that individual, then we have it under the Advanced Search.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

TheSmokedBlade

Since this thread is already called suggestions, here's one, sort the humidors by quantity instead of alpha order.
something should go here, I've no witty banter to employ, so enjoy, my ploy... got nothin

horseshoe

Keeping on this suggestions: allow me to read the reviews of the cigar while on in my humidor. I.e. I see the rating of stars, but let me see/read the ratings while in my humidor.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.