New website and format

Started by long_ashes, 11/03/2012 02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

long_ashes

Yes.. yet again a new site.  As the Crap Network evolves, so does the website.  Lately life has been getting in the way of posting detailed posts and posting as much.  I don't like that.  None of us do.  The site still means a lot to us.  That being said, we wanted to find a way that we can put less time into the website and posting (editing videos, uploading, posting, social networking, etc.) while at the same time, still offering the same quality material (quality, heh) and frequency of posts that we used to.

We are all well aware (as I'm sure most of you are as well) that we haven't posted much lately.  We put our heads together (six brains combined almost equals one on the Crap Network) and we decided on a new format.  The new site is in the old blog fashion like when Crap Cigar first started.  All new posts should have a full written review like the old days, the only thing that is changing is that Crap Cigar, Crap Sauce, and Crap Beer will now all be posted to the same website.  Everything will still be separate from a show standpoint, and all categories will be separate as well.  How does this help the Crap Network you ask?  We have an ability now, to auto post any video we upload to youtube to our site automatically.  By doing this, it eliminates a TON of time it would have taken to post to all of the different websites.  Most might not know, but I (Long Ashes) did ALL of the technical side of the site.  This is a huge burden on one person.  One episode could take me up to five hours of work each time.  It should now be A LOT easier.

We ask for your patience, and most of all, your comments on this change and how the new site looks.  Be honest, we ain't scared.  If you go to crapnetwork.com, crapnetwork.com/crapcigar, crapnetwork.com/crapbeer, crapnetwork.com/crapsauce, crapcigar.com, or crapbeer.com, it will now all redirect to our new URL: http://crapnetwork.com/blog.

We hope everyone likes the change and we also hope this is going to help us start to post more quality content.  Oh... and we got rid of advertisements on the website too (YAY).  Thanks, and as always, enjoy a streaming pile of crap entertainment.
http://crapnetwork.com
Home of Crap Cigar, Crap Sauce, and Crap Beer
A streaming pile of crap entertainment.

grabow66

Regardless of what Thompsons thinks, you guys are a much needed voice in the cigar community:}
If at first you dont succeed you are running about average.

Hapcigar

Quotegrabow66 - 11/11/2012  11:01 AM

Regardless of what Thompsons thinks, you guys are a much needed voice in the cigar community:}

X2
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

long_ashes

http://crapnetwork.com
Home of Crap Cigar, Crap Sauce, and Crap Beer
A streaming pile of crap entertainment.

BXgreenhorn

QuoteHapcigar - 11/12/2012  10:59 PM

Quotegrabow66 - 11/11/2012  11:01 AM

X2

X3 you guys rock

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.