I accidentally deleted my humidor list in the app!

Started by PaulMcCoy, 11/12/2012 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulMcCoy

I'm an idiot. All those age dates. All those previous smokes. Lost. At least I've got hand written notes. I can't go through all that logging again. Ugg.
"If you can't send money, send tobacco." -George Washington to the Continental Congress, 1776.   

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

bmac7754

I think if you delete it on the app and havnt synced it yet, you can click the overwrite all and begin transfer.  It may download everything that is on the site humidor.  Not positive but just a thought.  Anyone know the answer for this before its done??
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

PaulMcCoy

Luckily I don't have thousands of cigars. That would be a nightmare.
"If you can't send money, send tobacco." -George Washington to the Continental Congress, 1776.   

PaulMcCoy

I hit synchronize > overwrite all > begin transfer. I thought it would sync my apps humidor with the site. I've had the app for a while but I'm new to the website.

PaulMcCoy

Also I can't veiw my humidor on the site or anyone else's because I don't have enough points yet.

PaulMcCoy

But maybe if I keep posting I can get it up there haha.

Brlesq

QuotePaulMcCoy - 11/12/2012  7:51 PM

Also I can't veiw my humidor on the site or anyone else's because I don't have enough points yet.

You can always view your own humidor on the site no matter how many points you have.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

PaulMcCoy

QuoteBrlesq - 11/12/2012  7:55 PM  
QuotePaulMcCoy - 11/12/2012  7:51 PM  Also I can't veiw my humidor on the site or anyone else's because I don't have enough points yet.
You can always view your own humidor on the site no matter how many points you have.

I see. I was looking under "humidor's" not "my humidor." I just checked it. It looks like I dumped everything.

Ken Kelley

QuotePaulMcCoy - 11/12/2012  7:36 PM

I'm an idiot. All those age dates. All those previous smokes. Lost. At least I've got hand written notes. I can't go through all that logging again. Ugg.

I think maybe that qualifies for an OOPS! award...or maybe an AH SH*T! or two.  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

PaulMcCoy

QuoteAlphairon - 11/12/2012  8:11 PM  
QuotePaulMcCoy - 11/12/2012  7:36 PM  I'm an idiot. All those age dates. All those previous smokes. Lost. At least I've got hand written notes. I can't go through all that logging again. Ugg.
I think maybe that qualifies for an OOPS! award...or maybe an AH SH*T! or two.  :biggrin:

All of the above 

bmac7754

QuotePaulMcCoy - 11/12/2012  7:36 PM  I'm an idiot. All those age dates. All those previous smokes. Lost. At least I've got hand written notes. I can't go through all that logging again. Ugg.

At least he said it wasnt much, will be easy to re-do.  I suggest redoing now before your inventory grows out of control, as it will

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

PaulMcCoy

Quotebmac7754 - 11/12/2012  8:27 PM  

At least he said it wasnt much, will be easy to re-do.  I suggest redoing now before your inventory grows out of control, as it will

The biggest problem is I lost the dates on everything. Ill have to guess.  

bmac7754

QuotePaulMcCoy - 11/12/2012  8:42 PM  

That can be frustrating, but I suggest go light up a cigar and forget about it for today.

bmac7754

That can be frustrating, but I suggest go light up a cigar and forget about it for today.

nkowal

I did this same thing about 6 months ago. It sucked. Luckily I had backed it up about 2 months beforehand, so I had most of my old dates, and them rebuilt everything else from my order history in email.

My advice is to backup every 2 weeks. I've been paranoid about this now.

Longhorn

Just to clarify - not sure this was detailed in the thread and maybe you learned already:  When you sync and over-write your mobile dB, you download the server set of data - it does not merge. If you sync without over-write you're updating the server with whatever is on your mobile device.

My recommendation:  Before altering your humidors via a mobile device, always sync with full over-write.  After you make edits sync again (without over-write) to update the server.

PaulMcCoy

QuoteLonghorn - 11/12/2012  9:21 PM  Just to clarify - not sure this was detailed in the thread and maybe you learned already:  When you sync and over-write your mobile dB, you download the server set of data - it does not merge. If you sync without over-write you're updating the server with whatever is on your mobile device.  My recommendation:  Before altering your humidors via a mobile device, always sync with full over-write.  After you make edits sync again (without over-write) to update the server.

Thanks ill keep that in mind for the future.

cmmayo

That totally sucks, man. Now you are just like me: no idea what exactly you have and not enough desire to change that.

On the bright side, I get a lot of enjoyment from digging through my many humidors, looking for cigars, and finding sticks I forgot I had.

:confused:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

PaulMcCoy

Quotebmac7754 - 11/12/2012  8:59 PM  

Just what I was about to do. 

nwb

That sucks.  I can't imagine losing all the information in my virtual humidor. :-(
Chief of Shaft

sjn1117

im with corey. i havent touched mine in so long i dont even know what it says i have. my trusty notebook isnt exactly updated either. finding sticks i dont remember having is like christmas morning sometimes.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Jackal

Contact SenorPablo.  Maybe he can help.  Maybe there is a backup somewhere that he can use to help you out.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

1sgjeffward

Quotenwb - 11/13/2012  6:34 AM

That sucks.  I can't imagine losing all the information in my virtual humidor. :-(

:word: I took a weekend to enter everything and have been pretty good at keeping up with it and have over 1400 on there and would NOT want to loose it all!

Good luck with your re-build.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.