Alacranes Cigars

Started by stogie_foggie, 09/15/2008 02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stogie_foggie

Just wondering if anyone had tried these yet. I was thinking of letting them rest but if they are good now.... they sure smelled good!

Mike, which wrapper did you have?
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

mhuss

Quotestogie_foggie - 9/15/2008  3:08 PM

Just wondering if anyone had tried these yet. I was thinking of letting them rest but if they are good now.... they sure smelled good!

Mike, which wrapper did you have?

I just smoked the darker robusto.  I am kind of confused on which wrapper is which, according to our database.  I believe I had the H2000 wrapper, compared to the CT.  The CT wrapper would the lighter of the two, would it not?

stogie_foggie

Quotemhuss - 9/15/2008  1:30 PM

I just smoked the darker robusto.  I am kind of confused on which wrapper is which, according to our database.  I believe I had the H2000 wrapper, compared to the CT.  The CT wrapper would the lighter of the two, would it not?

Yes,  would think so.  I got a H2000 and a Cirollo, I think.  Might have to smoke one tonight, before MNF.

podman28

I am letting them rest in the humi as they came wrapped in the tobacco leaf. Maybe I will pull one out to try next week.

mhuss

Quotestogie_foggie - 9/15/2008  3:32 PM
Yes,  would think so.  I got a H2000 and a Cirollo, I think.  Might have to smoke one tonight, before MNF.

That's what I thought; the H2000 wrapper would be the darker of the two.

And yes, a huge game tonight:  Eagles/Cowboys.  Always a great game, a good rivarly.

Duker511

I smoked a Churchill this morning, I couldnt wait.  It was well made, had a good draw and burned perfect. It was very tasty. Smooth and mild to start, then became more medium bodied with a hidden power I liked. It burned slow and cool. It had a great aged tobacco flavor. I could smoke these all day long. I am going to do a review tommorrow.

Pete, I really enjoyed the one I smoked so far, I think that blend is right on track. Thanks again!!! :thumbsup:
Tim

texlewee

I WANT ONE I WANT ONE!!!!! :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

JKG

Obviously, these are not easy to find.  I'm assuming that they're made by a boutique cigar maker in Florida and not available anywhere on the web.

podman28

Pete, the owner of Alacranes, said if you send him an e-mail with your address he will send you a sampler package. That is what we are discussing now.

texlewee

So, Um..... Can we have his email address?? :confused:
" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

podman28

Sorry had to go check a previous thread where it was. Here it is alacranescigars@hotmail.com.

JKG

Thanks for the tip. I sent Pete an email. :smoker:

BlackIrish

Ditto.  Thanks, guys, and thanks Pete.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

minesman

Sounds like Florida is the place to live.

Wonder what the per cigar prices are like there.

stogie_foggie

Quoteminesman - 9/16/2008  12:06 PM

Sounds like Florida is the place to live.

Wonder what the per cigar prices are like there.

Ask Larry... he would definitely know.

stogie_foggie

By the way, smoked one last night.  Very earthy, reminded me of a Pinar 3000 or an El Rico Habano.  The flavor was excellent, but the draw was a little tight and the burn was a little off.  It was a little young, but with a little age, they will be great.

mhuss

Quotestogie_foggie - 9/16/2008  2:49 PM
By the way, smoked one last night.  Very earthy, reminded me of a Pinar 3000 or an El Rico Habano.  The flavor was excellent, but the draw was a little tight and the burn was a little off.  It was a little young, but with a little age, they will be great.

I just got done with the maduro torpedo.  I totally agree.......they remind me of some of the Cuban Montecristo's I've had the pleasure of enjoying in the past.  I also agree that they are young, and with some proper aging, they will probably stack right up there with some of the best cigars.  Just gotta show a little patience, that's all!  I can't wait to try the Churchill and the other torpedo I have.

JKG

Pete replied and is sending a few for me to share with my dad.  Reading your review, I believe that I'll put them in the humidor and let them rest for a couple of weeks... maybe.  It's always tough to not fire up a new one the minute it arrives.  When it comes to new cigars I'm like a kid with a cold glass of milk staring at an unopened bag of Oreo's... I have to have one.
 :shamebag:

podman28

Senior Pablo I would vote to give Alacranes at least 100 points for generosity to the group. He has gone above and beyond what could be expected with his samples here. He should at least have the opportunity to use cigar bomb status.

minesman

Quotepodman28 - 9/18/2008  12:19 AM

Senior Pablo I would vote to give Alacranes at least 100 points for generosity to the group. He has gone above and beyond what could be expected with his samples here. He should at least have the opportunity to use cigar bomb status.

I agree. I have a sampler coming too.

JKG

That sounds like the appropriate thing to do.  We want to support our fellow members.

SenorPablo

Definitely a very generous gesture.  And apparently decent smokes as well.  Have we heard from him lately?  I'd love to know more about his story.  He could give a unique perspective on the industry.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

JKG

QuoteSenorPablo - 9/18/2008  8:23 PM

Definitely a very generous gesture.  And apparently decent smokes as well.  Have we heard from him lately?  I'd love to know more about his story.  He could give a unique perspective on the industry.

-Paul

I'd be interested in how Alacranes cigars came to be and where they're made.

podman28

I know they are made in Little Havana in Miami but the history or how they came to be I don't know. I would be interested in learning more about the company and obtaining more of these cigars in my area as well.

ljlemer

I added an Alacranes Churchill to my puts in the Let's Make It 3 cigar pass. I was generously given two copies.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.