The Ordinary Average Guy PIF

Started by mike.casey, 01/03/2013 10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike.casey

The PIF's are a lot of fun, and a great way to trade, but with most/all of the wishlists being very hard to find and expensive smokes it can be somewhat exclusive.

The idea behind this is that you ask for smokes that you are wanting to try (or just really like) under a certain price point.

Here are the rules:
1) Post a list of at least 8 cigars you are looking to try under $8 per stick online box price (not c-bid since it varies)
2) Who ever has at least three of the wants can pick up that request and send at least five cigars
3) Then once there is a delivery conformation from the receiver you may post your list of 8 or more cigars

Toby2 will post a list to start this off...

**note: this is a slight change in the original post**
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

toby2

love it. I got it. 

mike.casey

Thanks for the pickup Tobias!

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

toby2

Quotemike.casey - 1/3/2013  11:29 PM  Thanks for the pickup Tobias!

haha ok. let me dig around and find some average guy smokes this weekend. I haven't had the 11 yet so my buds over in Phenix City AL may see me Friday as well. 

mike.casey

Quotetoby2 - 1/3/2013  10:46 PM

haha ok. let me dig around and find some average guy smokes this weekend. I haven't had the 11 yet so my buds over in Phenix City AL may see me Friday as well. 

Oh man... I thought the "I got it" meant you wanted to pick me up. If not, no worries. But if you want to play, seriously send me anything you like. We have pretty similar tastes judging by your posts!

Ron White

toby2

Quotemike.casey - 1/3/2013  11:55 PM  
Quotetoby2 - 1/3/2013  10:46 PM  

Oh man... I thought the "I got it" meant you wanted to pick me up. If not, no worries. But if you want to play, seriously send me anything you like. We have pretty similar tastes judging by your posts!

yes I got it. you left it wide open. I'm pretty sure you could reach right in and grab a familiar out of my humi. have faith and thx for the new pass. 

mike.casey

No, thank you for getting it going!

Ron White

mike.casey

Bump for the daytime crowd to get some exposure!!!

Ron White

Smurf

ok i just have to ask i understand the concept and how it works but what does PIF stand for??
orbis non sufficit

mike.casey

Ron White

PETE314

If toby needs to wait....I can get this one...If not no worries.....This is a GREAT idea Mike
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Smurf

Quotemike.casey - 1/4/2013  2:35 PM

PIF = Pay it forward

:bigthumbs:

ah makes sense I will have to get in on one of these then!
orbis non sufficit

chief791

I'll be watching this thread. I wanna play.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

zac

Have you tried the Mini-Pif pass?  I thought it was started to basically address the high end nature of the regular PIF pass?

cocon

Quotezac - 1/4/2013  3:17 PM

Have you tried the Mini-Pif pass?  I thought it was started to basically address the high end nature of the regular PIF pass?

The Mini-Pif only requires one cigar from the wish-list.
WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

mike.casey

Quotezac - 1/4/2013  2:17 PM

Yes, I've participated in the mini PIF multiple times, and will again, but the wishlists in the mini PIF are still high dollar/ hard to find sticks.

I thought this PIF could be facilitate more players, since most, if not all geeks should have 2 or 3 from many lists. I personally don't have a problem fulfilling wishlist PIFs, but I also like to try the new everyday smokes that come out all the time.

This is just another way to boost Geek interactions through cigar transactions!

Ron White

Beegerply

Great idea Mike I to will be following this post.
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Brlesq

Do we leave the cellophanes on or off in this PIF?   :confused:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

mike.casey

All geeks that are interested in this PIF there has been a change in the original post. Toby will now be posting the inaugural list.

Ron White

mike.casey

QuoteBrlesq - 1/4/2013  4:06 PM

Bruce, you know damn well you don't have any smokes under $8.

Ron White

lowpro75

Quotemike.casey - 1/4/2013  5:11 PM

That's mostly because there isn't a cigar in NY that's priced under $8.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Brlesq

Quotelowpro75 - 1/4/2013  5:16 PM

Hey, the Strawberry White Owls down at the convenience store are only $3.79 a piece!  But Gurkhas here are like $11,000,000.00
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

BXgreenhorn

:word:

toby2

ok i get it now. i will post a list in a few. i thought i had a minute to come up with mine. hmm....DesiSmileys.com i'll burn a strong one and get back with ya'll.

nwb

:lmao:

Great idea, by the way.  I'll keep an eye on this.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.