Virtual Humidor Thoughts.

Started by MT21, 02/16/2013 09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT21

In the virtual humidor, there is a Previous Smokes and Wish List category.  Would it be possible to add another category of "Favorites"?

If your humidor is made public, the Wish List is one that another Geek can see and maybe surprise you with.

Probably, about 90% of the cigars in your humidor are cigars you like.  You might have some that you have changed your mind on because your tastes have changed or you got bombed with a cigar that you don't particularly enjoy.  (It happens)  

I had a thought of adding a category of Favorites.  Cigars that you find that you always fall back on.  There are cigars that you like and then there are cigars that you REALLY like.  These would fall into the Favorites category.

If you're like Larry and on a mission to smoke every cigar in the world at least once, this wouldn't help.

What do you think?
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

bmac7754

I have requested something similar to this in the past.  I was pondering the idea of a "in transit" category for those in the mail or trade. The response which made perfect sense to me was create another humidor and keep it hidden.  I guess you could make a Favorites Humidor and either hide it or make it visible if you want. It worked for me.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

cibolodave

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

1sgjeffward

LOVE the idea! Even better would be is if from the regular humidor you just check a box and add it automatically to your favorites! THAT would be the Bomb!
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Otter

I agree, that would be great!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Longhorn

So, the favorites wouldn't be in you actual humidor inventory, correct?  Similar to Wish List functionality?

ThinBlueLine

It would be nice to keep a running tally of cigars that you trade rather than use the "smoke one" button.  Using the trade function would deduct the cigars into a separate trade column without affecting the cigars you have personally smoked.
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

MT21

QuoteLonghorn - 2/16/2013  12:09 PM

So, the favorites wouldn't be in you actual humidor inventory, correct?  Similar to Wish List functionality?
Correct. Just a list of cigars that are your absolute favorites. No count necessary because they may or may not be something you currently have.

Gurkha free zone.

1sgjeffward

QuoteLonghorn - 2/16/2013  1:09 PM

That would make the most sense to me. Just a list to keep track of all of the cigars that you really liked, want to buy again, or whatever.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

MT21

Gurkha free zone.

uplander12ga

Quote1sgjeffward - 2/16/2013  1:36 PM

LOVE the idea! Even better would be is if from the regular humidor you just check a box and add it automatically to your favorites! THAT would be the Bomb!

Really like the idea of a "Favorites" coupled with Jeff's idea of the check box ! That would be slick!!! :thumbsup:
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

Longhorn

QuoteThinBlueLine - 2/16/2013  3:17 PM

It would be nice to keep a running tally of cigars that you trade rather than use the "smoke one" button.  Using the trade function would deduct the cigars into a separate trade column without affecting the cigars you have personally smoked.

I like this idea as well.  Perhaps the ability to create humidors of two types: one that holds and tracks inventory and one that is used for maintaining lists / histories.  

You could then add humidors as you needed and set them to one of the two types above.

For now, I maintain a separate humidor for trades/passes and yet another one for bombs/give aways.  I edit my primary humidors and move the inventory based on the activity and include a note as to why I moved the inventory. For example:

Drew Estate Liga Privada #9 Parejo (Toro) (6 x 52, NIC)   1   7/18/2012   213 Days   $11.50         
20130113 Junglepete Bomb (Peter Kozo)

When I download my inventories I hide/delete the humidors I use for this type of tracking.

metalhead y cigarguy

That's a great idea Mark. I think I could get some good use out of that feature.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

DonM

Nice idea....if I ever could keep my humidor straight.  I started inventorying a few minutes ago to see how screwed up it was then quit

"The Curmudgeon"

nwb

I like the idea of having a "Check Box" where you can mark favorites.  Then you could have a setting under your profile to "Share Favorites".
Chief of Shaft

MT21

Gurkha free zone.

SenorPablo

I can add to the wish list, but the wish list from you guys is about a mile long at this point. :bigggrin:  I don't think it is a bad idea, but one problem is that anything that touches the humidor function also then touches the iPhone and Android Apps so it makes it even more work.  But in any case i'll add to the list.  Right now i'm fighting with Apple to get them to release the new version of the iPhone App that corrects some sync issues and also working on the next release of the Android app that does the same.  After those are out i'll jump back to looking at site enhancements again.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

MT21

Thanks Paul.  You've made this a great site already.  Not being computer savvy, I didn't realize that it would require 3x the work.  If you can, great.  If not, that's alright too.

Gurkha free zone.

hebron

:bump:

What is the status of this? Sounds like a useful feature, if it can be done  :cigarman:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

johncw

QuoteDonM - 2/17/2013  10:06 AM

Nice idea....if I ever could keep my humidor straight.  I started inventorying a few minutes ago to see how screwed up it was then quit

X2

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.