Coolidor...Heartfelt or Kitty Litter?

Started by Joelala, 02/16/2013 01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joelala

Hey all, I am taking the advice of Jeff and I am going to create a small Coolidor!!! I use heartfelt beads for my regular Humi, but I keep reading about Kitty Litter. I am ok with dishing out a little extra money for beads, but do people really prefer KL?

Joe

lowpro75

Did you read the article on KL in the article section?
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Brlesq

KL fan here.  8lb ExquisiCat Crystal Fragrance Free @ Petsmart $12.99.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ThinBlueLine

KL Fan here as well that is all I use
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

BXgreenhorn

I recently switched to KL and it's been working perfectly. it's keeping my humidity at 63%-65% were like it.

Otter

I really need to try the kitty litter, I read that article a while back and it seems like a much cheaper route.

As for the coolidor, I am all about survivability and mobility especially when I bug out to 1sgjeffward's place during the Zombie Apocalypse. Instead of the coolidor (although my cooler is highly survivable http://youtu.be/e3k8qdh-r_E)  I prefer a pelican case (a Pelican 1600 if you are curious the size). I really should come up with a cool name for this variation unfortunately Armored Humidor is already taken :-)

Mine isn't loaded but here's one like it...

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Joelala

Quotelowpro75 - 2/16/2013  1:19 PM

Did you read the article on KL in the article section?

I did. That is what sparked my question. I guess people use it. Therefore I shall try it.
Joe

DonM

I. Had already invested in Heartfelt and they work great for me.  If I had a tower, I would try the KL due to the cost associated with the amount needed.  If you are just investing in it, try the KL, everyone seems to be happy with it

"The Curmudgeon"

Longhorn

QuoteBrlesq - 2/16/2013  2:37 PM

KL fan here.  8lb ExquisiCat Crystal Fragrance Free @ Petsmart $12.99.

lowpro75

QuoteDonM - 2/16/2013  4:41 PM

I. Had already invested in Heartfelt and they work great for me.  If I had a tower, I would try the KL due to the cost associated with the amount needed.  If you are just investing in it, try the KL, everyone seems to be happy with it

I agree with Don.  I haven't gotten a new humidor in 4 years.  I didn't use KL back then out of either ignorance or apathy, I don't know why and frankly, I don't care.  If I need to expand my storage space I would definitely go the KL route.  Right now I have enough Heartfelt beads to take care of my humidification but I can't see myself spending that kind of money when I know there is a cheaper solution.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.