Sync not working for iPad or iPhone

Started by Goneaway, 04/09/2013 11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goneaway

Hi,

I'm having humongous problems with the app on both the iPad and the iPhone.
Whatever I try the sync won't work.
I can input on the site and it will sync down to the app in both units, but whatever changes I make in the app on either unit won't show up in the other unit or on the site.

:-(

iPad is 3rd gen running iOS 6.1.3
Deleted and reinstalled the app without any change to the situation.
App crashes when I try to update the cigar database with complete overwrite and freezes on regular update.

iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.3
Deleted and reinstalled the app without any change to the situation.
App freezes on update and complete overwrite seems to not work at all.

Any suggestions?

Joelala

I have a lot of problems with the app to be honest, I would just do all your adding and deleting on the website, and use the app strictly for viewing.
Joe

Longhorn

I have sync issues when I'm using cellular data similar to what's described where the application halts and closes during database or humidor syncs.

However, when I use WiFi I don't seem to have the same problems.  I just updated the dB and all of my humidors with no issues.

Goneaway

My problem persists wether I'm on wifi or 3G cellular.
I could do as mentioned about using app only for viewing but that kind of defeats the purpose of the app itself. I'm rarely on my laptop but I always carry the phone or ipad and thats what I use the most.

Edit.
Also the adding and handling is way more practical in app rather than on site.
/edit.

SenorPablo

I'll roll this back into the garage and do some more testing.  Currently it seems to work fine for me as I use it all the time.  So not sure why it might have issues for some.  Might be related to areas where coverage is less than desirable so i'll try to find a way to simulate that and hopefully find a more graceful way to handle it.  Thanks for the feedback.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

alpal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85xwZ_OLX0

But seriously  :-(  Sorry you're having problems, I haven't had any personally, so I'm not sure what it might be.
"You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happinesses." - Aldous Huxley

nkowal

QuoteSenorPablo - 4/9/2013  3:43 PM

I'll roll this back into the garage and do some more testing.  Currently it seems to work fine for me as I use it all the time.  So not sure why it might have issues for some.  Might be related to areas where coverage is less than desirable so i'll try to find a way to simulate that and hopefully find a more graceful way to handle it.  Thanks for the feedback.

-Paul

I haven't had any issues. I sync on both website and my iPad.

Joelala

My biggest issue is when I add or move cigars. When I add, somehow it adds the cigar twice to my humidor.
Joe

PortablePasCher

I used to meet an issue like that and I  recognised my ipad was logged in with my username and password.  made them consistent, restarted imessage and now it works...  just have to play around a bit.  good job.

---------

Portable Pas Cher

Longhorn

QuotePortablePasCher - 4/28/2013  11:27 PM

I used to meet an issue like that and I  recognised my ipad was logged in with my username and password.  made them consistent, restarted imessage and now it works...  just have to play around a bit.  good job.

---------

Portable Pas Cher

Really? Maybe elaborate a little so we don't think you're just a troll or spam.

Goneaway

QuotePortablePasCher - 4/29/2013  5:27 AM

---------

Portable Pas Cher

Thank you Sir Spam a Bot for that completely useless input.
Worst thing is, the new answer actually gave me some hope the issues were resolved.

(Edits for grammar fail.)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.