"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."  . . . Mark Twain

Brad Bortz, Owner
Cigar Stix
Specializing in Premium Boutique Cigars
www.CigarStix.com
TWITTER: @CigarStix
FACEBOOK: CigarStix

BlackIrish

I mean no disrespect but after smoking a couple of the Vegas de Santiago the best I can muster is meh.  The Costa Rican tobacco didn't do it for me. The flavors were dirty earth with not much complexity.  Just my $0.02.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

vw77guy

Never had one.  Thanks for posting the deal.

amigodecigars

The boutique factory in Costa Rica is using tobaccos from Cuba, Nicaragua, Peru, Ecuador, Brazil and the Dominican Republic, along with some tobac from Costa Rica.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

87North

QuoteBlackIrish - 4/13/2013  9:38 PM

I mean no disrespect but after smoking a couple of the Vegas de Santiago the best I can muster is meh.  The Costa Rican tobacco didn't do it for me. The flavors were dirty earth with not much complexity.  Just my $0.02.

The girl that works at my B&M gets to sneezing every time anybody smokes a cigar w/ Costa Rican tobacco in it... Only the Costa Rican though.  :confused:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

jimmyG

Must try one sometime, but thanks for posting

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

CigarStix

No disrespect taken. That's the great thing about Cigars, there's a little something for everyone!

My personal opinion is that the Vegas de Santiago "Heritage" is a formidable Maduro. I'd put it up against any of the Majors! 98% of all the manufacturers out there use blends of tobacco from different regions; so the specific make-up of the stick doesn't concern me as long as it can be Consistent, Good Burning and Tasty.

I'd suggest another try!
"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."  . . . Mark Twain

Brad Bortz, Owner
Cigar Stix
Specializing in Premium Boutique Cigars
www.CigarStix.com
TWITTER: @CigarStix
FACEBOOK: CigarStix

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.