Hi from Corinto Nicaragua

Started by Nica Man, 04/16/2013 03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nica Man

I'm 70 years old and new to smoking puros. Or cigars in English. But they are cheap here.  I bought some a while back but they were so strong I could not smoke them. I gave them away. They were little, like that matters. I am hoping to find some local puros that are much milder. So, I'm here to learn.

Beegerply

Welcome from Illinois enjoy the site
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Vroomp

I would think there would be a readily available source for mild cigars in Nicaragua......... :welcome: to the site.
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Jackal

Welcome to the site.

According to John Oliva "Nicaraguan tobacco has Balls".  You can definitely get some very strong puros from Nicaragua, especially if the tobacco comes from the Ometepe region.

Some less bold cigars from Nicaragua are La Aroma de Cuba, Carlos Torano Exodus, Oliva Serie G, Oliva Connecticut Reserve, Perdomo Habano and Brick House.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

lubrix

Welcome!, Enjoy the site!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

BXgreenhorn

Bienvenido amigo del El Bronx, NYC

McBryde

Welcome aboard Ron, I'm sure someone around here can help point you to the right smoke for you. There are just sooooo many to choose from. Those short strong ones sound good to me!

Emerson from the oil fields of south Texas
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

SenorPablo

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

DonM

Welcome from the Sunshine State!

"The Curmudgeon"

cibolodave

uplander12ga

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

Longhorn

Mojo66

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

BFry Cigar Guy

Welcome to the site from Texas!
Ben

Jim1

Life itself is a strange thing.....it is what it is.

Nica Man

:-) When I go into a flea market and am confronted with 70 different choices of puros and don't know one from the other... I just bought one. Wrong one, so I am sure one of the will be mild.

tvolball

Welcome from North Georgia
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Brlesq

Glad to have you join us!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

Welcome to the site!

What brands of cigars are available for you locally?  It looks like you are on the Pacific coast - do you ever make it up to Esteli?
Chief of Shaft

washington

Welcome to the Site Senor; its so great hearing from people all over the world who enjoy a nice cigar!
My hovercraft is full of eels.

redjj

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."  Albert Einstein

Mautrak

Welcome from the States.

horrido

Welcome from Western Canada :cigarman:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.