August Points Contest

Started by SenorPablo, 07/27/2007 06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

So we've decided to go ahead and run the points contest again for August.  Same deal - see here if you are new.  Any suggestions for improvements?  Should we structure it differently or is everyone happy with how July's has worked?

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Anthony

Seems like a good format to me!  No need to fix what ain't broke.

BTW: What's the prize going to be for August?
_____

Anthony

Nevermind, I see it appears to be the same prize.  :-)
_____

mistagordo

Seems good to me as it is.  I personally enjoy reading reviews from people so I might put more emphasis on getting reviews - maybe give more points for them.

Also, maybe make it so that a member can't win 2 months in a row so that other members have a chance?  :confused:

Steve

Anthony

I think 5 points for a review is good, but I really like the idea of not letting the same person win 2 months in a row.  Good thinking!
_____

theoldcc

Not leeting a person win 2 months in a row make sense...if it is not me.  Hah!  ;-)
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

monteclaro

It all sounds good to me.  Limiting is probably a good idea.  Although it is still somewhat random with the drawing.

JF
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

SenorPablo

Limiting the top 5 to those that have not won the previous month makes sense to me.  I'll add it to the rules for next month.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.