Indian stone pipes?

Started by Twinky, 12/23/2008 12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twinky

Im looking in to eather buying or carving a pipe from Pipestone or bluestone, both common rocks for pipe. Im woundering if any one has ever had experince with these, eather use or carving.
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

Duker511

I have a Meerchaum pipe kit that I bought about a year ago. I havent started carving it yet because I havent decided what I want to carve yet and I dont want to mess it up. One of these days Ill get the urge and just start cutting. I forget where I finally bought it from but it looks like this.    http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/lpgm?dpt=W&srch=DW&item=myops
Tim

Twinky

I just got word that one of the quarrys I talked to is going to give me a block of bluestone, and all I have to cover is shiping. I think I'll carve a simple bowl pipe or maybe a more cerimonial pipe, but I think I'll keep it simple.

Twinky

Im about a day of work away from finishing the holes in my first pipe. Its going very well so far.

Bob Cordell

Heh-heh, back in the day we would raid the faucets for screens for our pipes when we were desperate!

:shades:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Twinky

that got to beat going at a rock with a drill  :lmao:

Duker511

So true Bob, my parents kitchen faucet still sprays funny. :cigarguy:

Twinky, I couldnt find my chunk of Meerchaum so my GF bought me a sweet chunk of Briar wood with the holes already cut into it. I just have to carve the pipe itself. I will post pictures when I get to it.
Tim

Bob Cordell

We werent jonesing for pipe tobacco though Twinky!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Duker511

Tim

mattmancool34

lol never had any of this other stuff that the smiley faces employ

Twinky

Ive got a friend who can make a pipe out of any thing from a sharpie to a pair of pants. But as for the other smokeable item I dont have a clue what you guys are talking about  :smoker:

lowpro75

QuoteTwinky - 2/4/2009  9:46 PM

Ive got a friend who can make a pipe out of any thing from a sharpie to a pair of pants.

Sounds like your friend is the stoner version of MacGyver. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Twinky

That he is.

I just finished drilling out the holes, I might expand the top one to 1/2 an inch but I dont have a bit that size right now. Here is what it has come down too.

Photobucket

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.