Prototype Pipe Holder

Started by Duker511, 01/03/2009 12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duker511

Ive been smoking pipes longer than cigars but slowed way down on pipe smoking over the last year or so. For Christmas I recieved some gift cards so I bought me some good pipe tobacco and a new pipe too. I bought five 1 ounce samples of some English pipe blends, I dont like Aromatic pipe tobacco.

Over the last couple of years when I do smoke a pipe, Ive smoked out of a cheap, but great smoking, Missouri Meerchaum Corn-Cob pipe. So last week I bought an inexpensive, but also great smoking, pipe from E-bay. Now with two pipes in my rotation I was having a problem with where to put them, I dont have any sort of pipe stand or holder. So for a lack of places to put my pipes, I decided to take some cardboard and Duct tape and make my own. This is just my first attempt that took me all of 10 minutes to build, I will re-think and re-build many times before Im happy.

Photobucket

Bad pics because my camera wont focus for some reason.

Photobucket
Tim

elmokfo

Awesome, i love it.  I also was a pipe smoker first.  I've got 3 pipes in my rotation and a small 3 pipe stand i bought years ago in England.  I do find that I take a pipe as well as cigars with me when i go places.  Break out cigars someplace and you'll always have a following.  Break out a pipe with a sweet smelling tobacco though and the pretty girl in the corner will be all over you :)

Twinky

Thats a great idea. Im working on making a stone pipe and it will probly have a flat bottem but if not, I might put some thing like that togeather for it.
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

Duker511

I have a block of Meerchaum with the pipe mouthpiece attached and the bowl already cut. Ive been looking for it for a week now and cant find it, I think it got thrown away. :confused:  Ive had it for awhile but havent had the urge to carve it yet, now that I want to, I cant find it. Now I really want to carve one so I may have to buy another. No big deal, they're only about $25.

Im not very artistic so I dont know how it will turn out but Im the only one that has to smoke it so I guess it doesnt matter what it looks like. :biggrin:
Tim

BlackIrish

Looks good!  I've got a couple of pipes that I haven't visited in a while, and no holder.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

shawneous

Cool!

Pipes are fun. My buddies got me a Peterson Pipe from Ireland and it's just a joy to smoke.

Duker511

Peterson has some neat pipes, expensive, but neat. Is yours one with the Peterson "System"(pictured below) or just a regular bowl? Ive heard some good things about the "system", less gurgling, drier smoking and some bad things, harder to clean and you have to clean them out completely every week. Right now Im looking at getting a  Savinelli or Peterson, they each have pros and cons, its a tough choice.

Photobucket
Tim

Duker511

Well, I out grew the cardboard and duct tape pipe rack. I used more cardboard and duct tape to make a new one. This one is a little different style. I plan on making a wood one soon, this is just a mock up. I will make it twice as big by adding another section to make an L shape to put on a table corner. Notice the cigar tube used for pipe cleaners and 3 1/2 inch roofing nail tamper. Patent Pending. :biggrin:

Photobucket

Tim

shawneous

QuoteDuker511 - 2/14/2009  9:16 AM

Well, I out grew the cardboard and duct tape pipe rack. I used more cardboard and duct tape to make a new one. This one is a little different style. I plan on making a wood one soon, this is just a mock up. I will make it twice as big by adding another section to make an L shape to put on a table corner. Notice the cigar tube used for pipe cleaners and 3 1/2 inch roofing nail tamper. Patent Pending. :biggrin:

Photobucket

I think your first one was better, because you could use it whilst smoking them

Duker511

I have a spoon rest that I use for resting while I smoke, this is just for storage. The one thing Ive noticed about this one though is that if you dont clean your pipe after every use, which I do anyways, moisture will drip down the shaft and out the mouthpiece. This is the reason I make a mock up first, I am going to make a wood one but I want it to be the right one. I like this style it just needs to be bigger.

I was thinking about adding the old one to the end of this one to use as a rest. :confused:
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.