Cool Cigar Box Label web site

Started by theoldcc, 08/08/2007 01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theoldcc

I found this cool site that has images of cigar box labels.  Kind of interesting and thought I would share.

http://www.cigarboxlabels.com/pages/cigarboxlabels.htm

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

SenorPablo

That is an interesting site.  I always though about adding the ability to store images in the cigar database - maybe labels or cigar pictures.  Maybe someday.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

monteclaro

Images would be a cool addition to the database.
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

Anthony

Interesting stuff on that site!!

(and did I hear images in the DB?... flippin' sweeeet!)
_____

theoldcc

Images would be a very cool addition.
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

SenorPablo

Sorry guys.  I didn't mean to get your hopes up about the images.  I've definitely given it some thought, but the big question is where do you get them that aren't owned by someone else???

I could let people take their own and upload them but then it becomes a big chore weeding through and cleaning/sizing them up and throwing out the ones that look like crap.  I just don't have that kind of time.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Anthony

QuoteSenorPablo - 8/10/2007  8:47 AM

Sorry guys.  I didn't mean to get your hopes up about the images.  I've definitely given it some thought, but the big question is where do you get them that aren't owned by someone else???

I could let people take their own and upload them but then it becomes a big chore weeding through and cleaning/sizing them up and throwing out the ones that look like crap.  I just don't have that kind of time.

-Paul

OK, I'll volunteer.

Send me one of each cigar in the database, and I'll take the pictures before I smoke them.  :-)
_____

SenorPablo

Very kind of you Anthony!  ;-)

Anthony

Just doing my part to help the site  :biggrin:
_____

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.