Dipping cigars in liquor

Started by monteclaro, 08/17/2007 02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monteclaro

Does anybody do this?  Dip cigars in liquor - scotch, brandy, cognac, port, etc.   I can remember my father used to do this.  An I recently saw someone else do it.  It seems to me that you would only do it on a cigar you know tasted like crap.  Otherwise I would just ruin the taste of a good cigar.
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

Anthony

Nope, I don't do it.  I've heard of it though.
_____

theoldcc

I've definitely heard of it and tried dipping it in port one time, but I didn't like the taste.  Is it really much different than flavored cigars? :blech:

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

CascadeSmoker

This was popular in the early 1900's when humidification was yet to be perfected.
CascadeSmoker

A cigar ought not to be smoked solely with the mouth, but with the hand, the eyes, and with the spirit.- Zino Davidoff

toby2

nah it ruins the cigar. like guys who slob up their smokes. get some chew dudes.....

cigar-guy

Try the Gurkha Grand Reserve, they are infused with Remy Martin Louis XIII cognac, maduro is better, about $10 per stick.

Kid Montana

Quotecigar-guy - 12/4/2017  10:30 AM

Try the Gurkha Grand Reserve, they are infused with Remy Martin Louis XIII cognac, maduro is better, about $10 per stick.

If Halfwheel's review is any indication, dipping/infusing cigars with liquor is not something most serious cigar smokers take very... seriously.

http://halfwheel.com/gurkha-his-majestys-reserve-hmr-i-only-smoked-it-for-the-google-rankings-i-swear

I'd rather have a cigar...

AustinMike

Nope, never.  This reminds me of the guys back during the cigar boom who would literally put the whole cigar in their mouth, a half at a time, to wet it with saliva.  It's poser playbook material.

DonM

I would imagine it would enhance the flavors of any Gurkha! :lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

klamm143

QuoteKid Montana - 12/4/2017  2:00 PM  
Quotecigar-guy - 12/4/2017  10:30 AM  Try the Gurkha Grand Reserve, they are infused with Remy Martin Louis XIII cognac, maduro is better, about $10 per stick.
If Halfwheel's review is any indication, dipping/infusing cigars with liquor is not something most serious cigar smokers take very... seriously.  http://halfwheel.com/gurkha-his-majestys-reserve-hmr-i-only-smoked-it-for-the-google-rankings-i-swear

Agreed............no need to mess up a decent stick............DOG ROCKETS???? - well they deserve to be doused in liquor (or gasoline) - JMHO. 

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Cigary

A habit that was observed in the mid 1950's to no discernible positive effect.  It only served to give the smoker a minute or two of "having their cake and smoking it to" and my grandfather used to do it all the time.  I asked him why and he said to me that his Dad did and if it was good for his Father...it was good for him. There is a way to infuse things like coffee or pipe tobacco into your cigars and I've been playin around with it for a few months with great success.  Finding the right pipe tobacco and cigar is key and I don't use complex cigars as they tend to muddle the pipe tobacco but rather I choose cigars with profiles that are not complex.  They pick up the pipe tobacco aroma/taste during the infusion process and my last experiment was with a JR Cab series Maduro that was infused for 40 days and was amazing...smoked it down to the ground.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.