Online / iPhone not syncing correctly

Started by bmac7754, 08/02/2013 07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmac7754

Just wondering if anyone is seeing this same thing I'm getting.  My online humidor says I have 775 cigars, my Iphone humidor says I have 771 cigars, with a brown bar on top that says 775.  The 771 count is correct, but after syncing several times I cant get it to match.  Wonder which 4 cigars it doesnt like.  Oh, I dont have any other humidors that have 4 in it, I did check that out first.

photo iphonehumidor_zps478c0609.png

photo onlinehumidor_zps37585c9d.jpg

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Longhorn

Have you tried reinstalling the app?   I had some trouble late last year and deleted the app, reinstalled, performed a full over-write sync and the issue went away.  Similar where the humidors and counts were off.

DonM

Having a large amount of the cigars in your humidor is causing the app to not synch correctly.  If you delete some cigars and send them to me, the app should synch to the correct quantity  :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

Joelala

I gave up on the app, just direct your browser to the site, its just as fast
Joe

bmac7754

QuoteDonM - 8/3/2013  8:43 AM  Having a large amount of the cigars in your humidor is causing the app to not synch correctly.  If you delete some cigars and send them to me, the app should synch to the correct quantity  :biggrin:

I was thinking this was the cure but wasnt sure. Lol.  Realizing I spelled sync wrong too doesn't help me either. 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Joelala

Bmac have you tried to update you database, the humidor might not recognize them because they are not on your phones database.
Joe

Ted

Have you updated the database lately?  I don't know if having sticks in the humidor that aren't in the main database might screw up a count somewhere?

I also like DonM's suggestion, but I think a better troubleshooting method would be to send me the number of sticks it would take to get to 775.  This way we can make sure it's not just you.

bmac7754

QuoteJoelala - 8/3/2013  9:39 AM  Bmac have you tried to update you database, the humidor might not recognize them because they are not on your phones database.

I thought you were on to something here. I just updated and it didn't go away. Oh well. 

DonM

Quotebmac7754 - 8/3/2013  9:35 AM

QuoteDonM - 8/3/2013  8:43 AM  Having a large amount of the cigars in your humidor is causing the app to not synch correctly.  If you delete some cigars and send them to me, the app should synch to the correct quantity  :biggrin:

I was thinking this was the cure but wasnt sure. Lol.  Realizing I spelled sync wrong too doesn't help me either. 

Hey, at least I spelled it wrong consistently  :lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

bmac7754

Yaaaa I finally figured it out.  I had 4 cigars I inputed without a purchase date.  Once I deleted those 4 and updated, everything fixed itself

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.