Official August Contest

Started by Vroomp, 08/05/2013 10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vroomp

This month's contest involves pictures... I want to see your best cigar smoking photo whether it is a funny pic, or a serious one, or sexy(for you ladies out there), a cool pic, or whatever kind of picture, of YOU smoking a cigar! Make sure it is a new pic and not one submitted in the past. We shall then allow for two days of voting on August 30 and 31 to determine the winner to be announced on September 1st.

The grand prize shall be 10 cigars and gifts with a prize of a fiver and gifts for second place and a pat on the back for third and maybe a hat :biggrin:

You have 24 days to get your pictures posted in this thread for a chance at a prize! This contest is open to ALL members regardless of ranking, post numbers, or feedback.... I reccomend using a free hosting site like Picturetrail.com or Photobucket.com.

Let the pictorial fun begin!

If you need help posting pics PM me or ask Ken Kelley......  :biggrin:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

bhcfeed

Wow, this sounds really awesome!! Can you give me some advice on how to meet more people through this forum? I'm new!  :-)

cibolodave

Vroomp your pic is going to be hard to beat 8-)

nirab

Quotebhcfeed - 8/5/2013  1:45 PM

Wow, this sounds really awesome!! Can you give me some advice on how to meet more people through this forum? I'm new!  :-)

The best way to get to know us is to post up when you can, tell us a little about yourself, and of course, send out some bombs!  :biggrin:  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

bmac7754

Quotenirab - 8/5/2013  3:05 PM  
Quotebhcfeed - 8/5/2013  1:45 PM  Wow, this sounds really awesome!! Can you give me some advice on how to meet more people through this forum? I'm new!  :-)
The best way to get to know us is to post up when you can, tell us a little about yourself, and of course, send out some bombs!  :biggrin:  :shy:

Yah I'm with Brian on this one.  Go to the forums and introduce yourself in the Newbie Intro tab.  Then send all your cigars to us to sample

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

c.petree.1

I don't see anything unusual about Brads pic.

ntanner

cool contest, thanx man.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Vroomp

No One has to beat my pic. That was from last year's "make a face" contest hosted by Junglepete... Just letting folks know anything goes!

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

Brlesq

I'm not sure about this contest.  The prize might have been in your ear or nose.  :blech:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Deuce26

Yes. Lol. We may need you to sign an affidavit that we won't win the nose/ear gars. 

jdwaynes1980

Awesome contest Brad, hopefully the 5 cigars in your photo aren't part of the winnings, lol.
Roll Tide!

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

jeffk42

Quotejdwaynes1980 - 8/5/2013  5:15 PM  Awesome contest Brad, hopefully the 5 cigars in your photo aren't part of the winnings, lol.

"The first third is predominantly characterized by the distinct flavor of nasal mucous..."

Joelala

Nice contest, will post my entry once my computer is up and running.
Joe

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

c.petree.1

How many pics can we upload?

jdwaynes1980

Quotec.petree.1 - 8/5/2013  10:24 PM

How many pics can we upload?

This is what I want to know too.
Roll Tide!

1sgjeffward

QuoteVroomp - 8/5/2013  2:19 PM

No One has to beat my pic. That was from last year's "make a face" contest hosted by Junglepete... Just letting folks know anything goes!

Ya I remember that pic and everyone worried then that they might end up with one of those cigars as part of a prize or bomb :lmao:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Vroomp

Quote1sgjeffward - 8/6/2013  12:42 AM  
QuoteVroomp - 8/5/2013  2:19 PM  No One has to beat my pic. That was from last year's "make a face" contest hosted by Junglepete... Just letting folks know anything goes!
Ya I remember that pic and everyone worried then that they might end up with one of those cigars as part of a prize or bomb :lmao:

Nah,,, I gave those cigars away at the Tweet-Up! :biggrin:  Post as many pics as you want but, they must be of YOU to win!

I would try to keep it down to three or less if they are good pics. We don't want the same person to win first and second after all......Although, that will save me money on shipping!  :dancing:

jeffk42

QuoteVroomp - 8/6/2013  7:18 AM
Nah,,, I gave those cigars away at the tweet-Up! Post as many pics as you want but, they must be of YOU to win!

Tempting to do more than one photo... but it may cost you a win too, if one of your photos is taking the votes away from another.

It'll be a couple of weeks before I have a submission, but I'll come up with something.  I don't have anything at the ready.

nwb

Thanks for the contest, Brad.  I have an idea - the question is, will I procrastinate until it is too late?  Probably.
Chief of Shaft

bmac7754

Cool contest you got going on.  So did you smoke those ones in your nose and ears?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Vroomp

I did smoke them already so NO they are not part of the prize packages...

Vroomp

c.petree.1

I have been waiting to see some pics so I can judge how far to take this! Lets go geeks.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.