Altadis Majestic English~ review

Started by Duker511, 02/23/2009 04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duker511

This is probably my favorite of the Altadis pipe tobaccos. It packs and lights easy and stays lit.

The flavor is a little more rich and full in body than others by this manufacturer. It has a creamy smoke texture with a nice bite. It has a strong tobacco taste with a long, spicy finish. As it burns I get a touch of citrus and fruity flavors and a bit of an alcohol taste.

For English smokers this one has the classic Virginia Taste and a good helping of tobacco and spice. May be a little flat for aromatic smokers. 3.5 stars  :biggrin:

Photobucket
Tim

Bob Cordell

That looks like a bowl of granola, huh?

I sometimes wonder if I would like a pipe, I dont think I would dig the heavily flavored tobacco would agree with me though. Do any pipe tobaccos have the naturally chocolatey-nutty flavors like a great maduro does?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

stogie_foggie

QuoteBob Cordell - 2/23/2009  4:06 PM

That looks like a bowl of granola, huh?

LOL!  I was thinking Raisin Bran.  I have a friend who used to smoke cigars and a pipe.  Now he only smoke a pipe.  Must be something to it.
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

Duker511

There are tons of pipe blends that taste every bit as good as cigar tobacco. It is just as relaxing, way easier, and WAY cheaper. Just look around for cigar pipe tobacco, some blends use maduro leaves. Pipe tobacco is different but tastes great in its own way. They make it from very mild to WAY to strong. Go buy a cheap MM corn cob pipe, some Half and Half and give it a try. I only smoke non-aromatics and English blends, that way you only taste tobacco. Im lovin it!!!!! :dancing:

The English and non-aros have NO flavoring added, only tobacco!!!!!!!!!
Tim

Duker511

Another thing I just thought of is this. I think the reason I like pipes so much is that the tobacco comes in such a variety. Whereas cigars all taste simular, pipe tobacco has thousands of different flavors. You could do a blind taste test with pipe tobacco where there are guys that could tell you what blend it is with one puff, or even by the aroma. As we have seen, this is hard with cigars. Pipe tobacco is very diverse.
Tim

Bob Cordell

Maybe Tony has a bowl he isnt using anymore... :lmao:

Half and Half? Is that like a maduro and a Connecticut blend? I had a pal whos dad smoked something with both light and dark bits of tobacco.
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Duker511

Half and Half is what they call Burly and Bright. It has real dark Burly tobacco and real light Virginia I believe. It is not flavored.
Tim

mattmancool34

i had my first pipe this laste weekend and it was pretty enjoyable

Duker511

Nice Matt!!! :biggrin:  Alright, one down and many more to go. :rolleyes:
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.