Smoking alone or with others

Started by theoldcc, 08/21/2007 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theoldcc

I find that the older I get the more i tend to smoke alone.  Although recently I have found a little gourp that to smoke with.  What do most people do?  Smoke alone or with others?
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

ljlemer

I smoke alone. Very alone, in fact. I'm banned from smoking in the house or my car. I usually smoke in the backyard. After I've smoked, no one will come near me.  I smoked once in the lounge of a local cigar store and was amazed by how little I had in common with the others. Had we stuck with cigar stuff, we would have had lots to talk about, but this was a group that knew each other and had long since covered that subject.

I usually pick a day a week to chain smoke cigars with an occasional pipeful thrown in. This is not ideal, but my wife married an ex-smoker and my kids never saw Daddy smoke before, so they are still upset a year after I went back to it.

The rest of the week I chew nicotine gum or use the patches when necessary. I've tried snus from Sweden, but it gives me the tobacco breathe I try to rid myself of for most of the week.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

tnt956

I normally smoke alone or with my wife (she doesn't smoke but sits with me).  Every once in while I smoke with friends.

monteclaro

I love to smoke with others when I can but the reality is that I'm not going to invite people over every time I want to enjoy a cigar.  So mostly during the week I'll smoke alone.  Sometimes the wife will sit with me and smoke her little cigars, or just sit with me in general.  On the weekends it is different because we are social creatures and can usually find something to do that involves other people and a lot of our friends smoke either cigarettes or cigars.

JF
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

ljlemer

It's funny how smokers have smoking friends and non-smokers have non-smoking friends. All my friends and girlfriends were smokers back in the day. Now I only have non-smoking friends. I need to change that or smoke alone in the backyard, swatting mosquitoes and reading .
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

mistagordo

I'm afraid unless I can rustle up some buddies its usually smoke alone for me as well.

Steve

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.