Just bought a large batch online

Started by ljlemer, 08/23/2007 01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

I just bought 80 cigars online for $94, $100 including shipping. Most are 5 of each. Two are 10 of each. What do you think of them? Comments!

Indian Tabac Candela Double Corona
Signature Collection by Perdomo Diablo
1876 Reserve Toro (10)
Oro Cubano Aniversario Churchill
Maxim's de Paris Imperial (10)
La Invicta Churchill
Joya del Jefe Connecticut Toro
Cibao Toro (I just read one review here panning this one).
Albion Robusto
Vieja Hacienda Robusto  
Thomas Hinds Vintage Selection Churchill
Signature Collection by Perdomo Churchill
Rocky Patel Connecticut Churchill
Profesor Sila Double Robusto

Most were very cheap. Many were a dollar or less per cigar. Now I have to buy a new humidor! Are we allowed to mention which dealership?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Anthony

HOly crap, that's a lot of cigars for one order!!!

I'll have to admit to not recognizing most of them, however those Indian Tabac Candela's sound nice!  :-)
_____

mistagordo

Looks like some good picks.  Love the Indians, 1876, Perdomos, and RPs.  Not a huge fan of the Cibao though.  Maybe you'll have a different opinion.  I love to hear some reviews on the others.  Where did you get them?  Sounds like a decent deal.

Steve

SenorPablo

I love the variety.  Got my faves like Rocky Patel, some great classics, and then some non mainstream ones as well.  I'm always looking for some good inexpensinve smokes so i'll be looking for some reviews on a lot of what you have there.

QuoteAre we allowed to mention which dealership?

You are absolutely allowed and encouraged to tell who you have bought from and what your experience is.  We have no loyalty to any vendors.  So fire away!

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ljlemer

Thanks for the green light. I get my best buys at:

www.cigarbid.com/auction/

I've accumulated about 400 cigars for about the price 80 cigars retail. Their best buys are 5-packs which can often be bought for the price of one cigar at your average offline store.  I've sampled a lot of cigars and am still left with 4 more, whether I like them or not. That makes me a great potential trading partner.

They only keep my records 60 days. This rounds out my purchases during that period:

Slow-Aged 826 Robusto Maduro
Punch Double Corona
Padilla Hyrbid Churchill
Sherpa Mystic - Special Edition Dos Capas
Cigar Juice PG 70/70 Humidifier Activator Solution 2-Pak (16 oz.)
Analog Hygrometer - Large
Digital Hygrometer
Humidifier - Black Round

I have the cheapest place for humidors, too, and it's not cigarbid:

http://stores.ebay.com/Easy-Source-INC_CIGAR-HUMIDORS_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ1277456QQftidZ2QQtZkm

If you'd like a cheap, well-made meerschaum pipe, check out:

http://www.meerschaumstore.com/cheap_pipes.asp

Anyone else find cheap sites?

Thomas Mann

theoldcc

Oh yeah.  I think a few of us are aware of the devil's site.  CBid is quite addictive.  You can definitely get some great deals there.  Plus customer service is excellent, should you have any problems.

You have to careful about buying humidors on ebay though.  Some are made very cheaply.  I think if you search some articles on ebay you can find out how to tell the difference.  You want to make sure they use actual cedar lining and how a good tight seel.  There were a few other things to look out for as well.

Here's one article (admittidly made by a "reputable" humidor retailer, but it gives you an idea what to look out for.)

http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-avoid-FAKE-cigar-humidors-amp-SAVE_W0QQugidZ10000000001773321

There's a few others out there if you search their archives too.

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

monteclaro

CigarBid has definitely taking a bite out of my wallet.  I had to walk away from that site for awhile as I was running out of room for my smokes.

Another good place to buy smokes and that also has an auction section is at famoussmokes.com:
http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/cigars/cigarauctions.cfm

Same with JRs Cigars.  Great prices on cigars and also runs an auction section:
http://www.jrcigars.com/

As far as auctions go, cigar bid is definitely the king though.

JF
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

SenorPablo

If you're looking for a really good humidor, I suggest Tampa Humidor.  I have one of thiers and it is beautiful and very well made.

http://www.tampahumidor.com/

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ljlemer

This is my excellent $19 humidor:
Retails $299.00!

The Conquistador

Holds up to 200 Cigars
Inlay Pattern and Tempered Beveled Acrylic Glass Top
2 Brass Quadrant Hinges
Humidifier and Front Mounted Hygrometer with Brass Frame
Tray with Divider
Bottom Dividers
Lined with Kiln Dried Cedar Divider
Lock and Key with Tassel
Scratch Resistant Felt Lined Bottom
15 L x 10 W x 7.5 H
ABOUT OUR CIGAR HUMIDORS!!!

In order to provide savings for our customers and get the same value, portions of our humidor interior are made of cedar wood. Once the humidor is closed everything inside is sealed. The cedar smell will remain in the box giving positive effect on the flavor of your cigars. Therefore there is no need to make the inside of the humidor completely of cedar. If you research cigar humidors, there is no 100% cedar humidor. All manufacturers use the same method to make their humidors. The reason our prices are much better than other sellers is because we have our own manufacturer and make our own products. We also sell our humidors to few of biggest retail chain stores in United States and Europe. That's why we get good items at lower prices. We do not buy our products from other middle men and we pass the saving on to our customers. We hope this helps and please feel free to email us with any other questions or concerns that you may have.
-----------
I shopped around. There are many sites on ebay that buy these humidors and resell them for three times the price.

Thomas Mann

theoldcc

Sounds like a nice humidor and a great deal.  So at 400+ cigars you're gonna need at least 3 of these  :biggrin:

*P
My Smokes

ljlemer

Pete, I also have a 125 count humidor, 3x40 counts, 4x20 counts. My goal is to get them all into the least number of boxes. Each humidor requires separate humidification and measurement devices. Add to that the lousy hygrometers out there. Even my two digital ones don't always agree, let alone those awful analog ones.

Thomas Mann

theoldcc

That is a lot of boxes.  It sounds like you might need to move up to a coolerdor  :-0
My Smokes

ljlemer

I never buy boxes and certainly not boxes of cigars I've never tried, but I was impressed with one deal on an unknown brand, so I bought a total of 60 churchills for $55($72 with S&H and tax). The brand is JAD. Anyone hear of them? I also placed them in the database.

Thomas Mann

monteclaro

JAD has a good story behind it with them being aged extra long in limited capacity.  Have you had one yet?

JF
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

ljlemer

Quotemonteclaro - 9/19/2007  1:22 PM

JAD has a good story behind it with them being aged extra long in limited capacity.  Have you had one yet?

JF

When they arrive I will have my first and then I will either celebrate or bang my head against the wall, but not before sending in a review.

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

Backordered! Most of my order will arrive at the dealer on Oct 3. The rest will arrive on November 6! Then they first have to send it to me!

Thomas Mann

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

headfirst

:lmao:

I remember that phase for me.  Professor Sila was up there as one of the worst I've ever had.  I don't know how you find this stuff Kent!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ninfiction

I sure hope he got his money's worth...at a buck a piece it's doubtful.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

toby2

he probably smoked every one and typed up a review. i think he has the most reviews or did a few years back at least.

Beegerply

Larry smoked everything not sure what happened to him.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

gitfiddl

QuoteBeegerply - 12/7/2017  8:21 AM

Last I heard from him (which was a couple years ago on FB), he'd given up cigars due to health concerns.  He told me I could come get all his humidors and cigars.  I was tempted, but then we got into a political argument...    :-0

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

AustinMike

Not my cup of tea on any of those cigars, but I hope you find something you like.

Beegerply

Quotegitfiddl - 12/7/2017  10:44 AM

Last I heard from him (which was a couple years ago on FB), he'd given up cigars due to health concerns.  He told me I could come get all his humidors and cigars.  I was tempted, but then we got into a political argument...    :-0

Lol he sure did have his views on things didn't he Dave.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

gitfiddl

QuoteBeegerply - 12/7/2017  9:45 AM

Quotegitfiddl - 12/7/2017  10:44 AM

Lol he sure did have his views on things didn't he Dave.  :biggrin:

I thought some of the arguments he and Cordell used to get into back in the day were going to go nukular!  And an "ljlemer2" last logged in on 10/02/17...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.