Contest

Started by stogie_foggie, 03/03/2009 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stogie_foggie

Fellas -

After going through my humidor(s), I have an excess of cigars.  Most are your high end everyday cigars, but some are "premium".  So, I was thinking about having a contest of some sort and the winner gets a "grab bag" of 10 cigars.  

I was thinking about something in the lines of a scavenger hunt, either within our site or on current events, where all the information could be found on the Internet?   Anyone have any good ideas?
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

podman28

Maybe a cigar count contest. How many you have or how many different sticks you have? :confused:  Just an idea.

lowpro75

I have a great idea.  Give them to me. :biggrin:

I think you should do an essay contest.  200 words or less on why you are the person most deserving of the stogie's stash of cigars.  You can decide the winner or put it to a vote.  

Another suggestion is who can do the most reviews in the next 48 hours.  You have to have smoked the cigar in the last 24 hours.  

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

junglepete

I was thinking of putting on a site scavenger hunt myself....go for it, it could be fun.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Bob Cordell

Petes pretty good on the internet...

He smoked me last night!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

stogie_foggie

Thanks for the ideas.  I wish I could take credit for the site idea, but Tim was the first.  I think that I might do the site scavenger hunt with a couple of current event zingers included, maybe for extra credit?

As far as the essay contest, I want this to be fun, not painful.....  :biggrin:  With Larry not around as much, the review idea might be good too but....

I write up some questions and open it up.  With all the new members and reviews, this should be fun.... good luck!!!

Duker511

Go for it, I only had a couple people play but I think we have more members now. I would play!!!
Tim

lightone

I like the scavenger hunt.

mattmancool34

i like any contest

ljlemer

I like a contest where the winner has the most points, most posts, most reviews, or most database entries. I'm fine with any of those criteria.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

You realize 4 months have gone by since s-f suggested the contest. I have a better contest: find stogie-foggie!

Thomas Mann

mattmancool34

ah hmmmm yes lets get a detective

ljlemer

Quotemattmancool34 - 7/4/2009  6:35 PM

ah hmmmm yes lets get a detective

In the internet age anyone can be a detective. You're appointed.

Thomas Mann

lowpro75

He just posted yesterday in the good cheap cigar thread.  Mystery solved.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

WeLustPapes

ljlemer

Quotelowpro75 - 7/4/2009  7:40 PM

You won the contest! Inform S-F.

Thomas Mann

lowpro75

Quoteljlemer - 7/4/2009  8:36 PM

Quotelowpro75 - 7/4/2009  7:40 PM

You won the contest! Inform S-F.

Sweet. Pay up Stogie!
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Jackal

I am up for the challenge of a contest.  Shall it be strength or wits?

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

gitfiddl

QuoteJackal - 7/5/2009  2:24 AM

I am up for the challenge of a contest.  Shall it be strength or wits?

Don't know how you'd fair in the former, Jackal, but I dare say you've got most of us beat in the latter!
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

oops double post
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

stogie_foggie

Fellas - I had this contest in March, remember?  The funniest part is that Matt commented on this and he was the winner!!  One thing I found out is not to make it too hard - people get upset.

Sorry I've not been around much - moving can be a time consuming process.

lowpro75

Quotestogie_foggie - 7/7/2009  10:14 AM

Fellas - I had this contest in March, remember?  The funniest part is that Matt commented on this and he was the winner!!  One thing I found out is not to make it too hard - people get upset.

Sorry I've not been around much - moving can be a time consuming process.

I don't remember yesterday, let alone March.   :confused:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

mattmancool34

o ya i did win this o wait no i didnt i dont recall  :shy: maybe i wanted you to do another one stoogie

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.