Cigar database update problem

Started by gpd4, 08/06/2013 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpd4

I've been trying to update the database and can't get past the 9000 mark before the app just shuts down.  I've tried it on 4GLTE and wifi and same results.  Is it operator error on my end?
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

gpd4

My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

tvolball

No problem for me but I'm using desktop and iphone
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

NES Tek

Paul should be able to help.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

bmac7754

Have you checked the overwrite all tab to off, and try downloading only the ones you don't have?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

gpd4

I figured it out.  I just kept opening the app and went right to update.  Every time I hit the button, it would load some more and eventually got the whole list...

Samadhi

I am having the same problem, except I can't seem to download more than 3000 cigars before the app crashes.

SenorPablo

Hello.  It should pick up where it left off if you just go in and execute it again without doing an "Overwrite All".  We are working on figuring out where the crash is coming from.  It seems to have gotten introduced with the upgrade to iOS6.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Samadhi

It does pick up where it left off, but I had to launch it about 50x to get the DB loaded completely.

Baileym76

Still a problem.  It took me over 20 attempts to get completely updated.

SenorPablo

Yes.  We have a fix for it, but our submission got hijacked by Apple because they wanted a lot of updates for compliance with IOs 7.  So we are close and hopefully you'll see the update out there in the next few weeks.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Jackal

QuoteSenorPablo - 6/23/2014  3:06 PM

Yes.  We have a fix for it, but our submission got hijacked by Apple because they wanted a lot of updates for compliance with IOs 7.  So we are close and hopefully you'll see the update out there in the next few weeks.

-Paul

I love my Android device.  None of these Apple issues that I am always hearing about (plus I have been to Apple factories, and know how they are made).

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

dddddmorgan

To echo what has been said (a shameless plug to get more postings ;-) ) I ran into the same issue. Didn't take me twenty tries though. I didn't find it crashed anything, thought it did but the program remained open just the download went off. And again kudos to Sr. Pablo for all his hard work. You can have my Mac when you pry it from my cold dead fingers :angel:
Molon Labe!

hebron

QuoteJackal - 6/23/2014  11:15 PM

QuoteSenorPablo - 6/23/2014  3:06 PM

-Paul

I love my Android device.  None of these Apple issues that I am always hearing about (plus I have been to Apple factories, and know how they are made).
+1 on Android, I recently acquired a Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 and I love it, started reading about Android programming 30 minutes later ;-)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Baileym76

Anyone else have a problem with the synchronize function.  It keeps giving me crazy updates on my phone.  I currently show that I have 500 previously smoked camachos.  Every single one is a separate entry!!!!  No way in the world I will ever go through and delete them all.  I don't have that kind of patience or free time.

nwb

QuoteBaileym76 - 6/28/2014  3:18 PM
Anyone else have a problem with the synchronize function.  It keeps giving me crazy updates on my phone.  I currently show that I have 500 previously smoked camachos.  Every single one is a separate entry!!!!  No way in the world I will ever go through and delete them all.  I don't have that kind of patience or free time.

You might try sending a PM to SenorPablo.  If I recall correctly, this happened to another Geek.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.