Greenish-blue blotches

Started by ljlemer, 08/27/2007 09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

One of my cigars just arrived with greenish-blue blotches. I recall reading that those indicate mold. Can it still be smoked? Is it maybe beetles? I put it in the freezer for now. Would humidifying it make the mold, if that's what it is, worse? The cigar cost a dollar. Not worth returning. The blotches first struck me as green patches of original color in a leaf not completely aged right. Could that be it?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

Doesn't sound good.  I would just toss it beffore it has any chance of spreading to your other cigars.  I really dont think you want to smoke it.  I also doubt its beatles.  That usually shows up as holes in the wrapper.  I have never heard of a wrapper retaining any green to it.  

For a buck, I would just toss it rather than take any chances.  If thats the first bad one you got in 400 sticks that ain't bad.  I guess if you really wanted, you could try to send it bad to the vendor you bought it from, but again, for a buck it just ain't worth the hassle.  :confused:

Was this from CBid?  They do have very good customer service, so they might credit you.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ljlemer

It was one of the Profesor Sila Double Robustos from Cigarbid.

Thomas Mann

theoldcc

Ouch.  I agree.  Toss it out in the trash.
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

Anthony

Hey, I received some moldy sticks from CBid before, and after arguing back and forth (there were some pretty heated conversations I can tell you!)  They FINALLY agreed to issue a return tag.  I got the new smokes, sent the moldy ones back, and all is right with the world.

CALL them and say UNQUESTIONABLY, you are NOT happy with these cigars and want a refund or exchange.  Don't immediately say "you sent me moldy sticks," until they ask you why you're not happy.

Take lots of pictures of the mold, so you have a record of it!

1. Do NOT email them, CALL.
2. Do not let them bully you.

~Anthony
_____

ljlemer

Anthony, believe me, I would, if these were a moldy batch of expensive cigars, not one out of five cheapos. I returned cigars before for less (I ordered natural and got maduro), but they were very expensive and I tried one to be sure I didn't like them.
This was at Famous.com.

Thomas Mann

monteclaro

For a buck just toss it and chalk it up as a loss.
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.